What's new

Have fun with this one...

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
Crude hand cut brass tag. I thought it was a rare plantation workers tag, instead it reads: TURN AROUND #21 ...Another, Yeahhh!!! aw shucks.
It was found in early 1900's stata of broken bottles and such. Any speculations or thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 023.webp
    023.webp
    73.6 KB · Views: 447
I thought about a tool check out tag, but I don't know.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a mine tag. Two way tag system.
 
Upvote 0
Yea... tool check from the Turn Around Mine or a hat/coat check from the Turn Around Bar.

I dunno...
 
Upvote 0
ringman, it is possible that this was a tag labeling goods for a railroad depot destination? in situations where there was limited track, there were sometimes what were called "turnarounds", and they were specific locations.
 
Upvote 0
train tag -- where the cars to be sent to the turn around rail car area --(thus be sent back to where it came from -- maybe it was customized train car for a certainuse at a certain place?)
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Who Knows! but, I like the sponge/background look :D

Don't nobody go stealing my sponge display idea. >:(

Thanks for all of your help. The train idea makes sense, I would have never thought of that. :sign13:
 
Upvote 0
And matching pin color :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a sign... Did you turn around. Did you find something when you did?
 
Upvote 0
La Beep said:
Maybe a sign... Did you turn around. Did you find something when you did?
LOL a Treasure Sign!
 
Upvote 0
Was it found in Hawaii? Mine tracks often two route trail system.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom