johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever left for a detecting trip only to discover that you have forgotten something?? I did today. I had driven 35 miles when I discovered that I had forgotten my backpack. Batteries, extra coil, digger, pinpointer, water, first aid kit, and camera. So I turned around and came home, after calling myself a few choice words!! 70 miles for nothing and my 4WD truck only gets about 15 MPG >:( Has this ever happened to you? C'mon fess up what have you forgotten?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I haven't done it detecting yet but I have gone fishing several times and forgotton everything from bait to tackle box to rod and reels. And yes I called myself those same choice words on the way to get whatever it was that I forgot. :BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More then I'll ever admit.

Both directions Actually.

Got an great Long term Memory.

Short term, it Bairly Exists.

but always comes back when it reaches long term :P

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all of my gear in my backpack... including my detector, broken down.
That way I know I won't leave without anything.
I might have forgot water once, and got a slurpee to make up for it on my way back home. ::)

Bran <><

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you didn't drive out to the site and realize you'd forgotten your detector. :-\

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Not me, but someone else in the car and he remembers halfway there. But it was only a 30 mile trip.....
Fess up Mayo.

S

stefen

Yeah. I almost forgot.

Spent a week on a fishing trip and the ex was waiting for me at the door holding my rods and tackle box.

Talk about a dancing act.

You'd been proud.

Took 2 weeks for the eye to heal ;D

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
It's happened a few times, but not to the extent of driving 35 miles. It's one of my pet peeves to forget or run out of things, so I usually stock up. My girlfriend says I have 2 of everything; absolutely NOT true--some things I have 5 or 6 of. I don't think I'm compulsive, but I will check and double-check to make sure I have everything I need, and a bit of stuff I really DON'T need (but I'll drag it along anyway).
When I did a little photography I would have batteries and film in every bag, along with lenses and extra bodies. The extra effort paid off more than once. Fortunately, MD'ing doesn't seem to require hundreds of accessories (or am I missing something here?)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have forgotten to turn off the coffee pot. (and I cannot detect or fish or anything else, with a coffee pot on).

Never forgot anything because we have all our stuff in the car already. (its part of our survival kits) :wink:

B

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mrs.oroblanco said:
I have forgotten to turn off the coffee pot. (and I cannot detect or fish or anything else, with a coffee pot on).

Never forgot anything because we have all our stuff in the car already. (its part of our survival kits) :wink:

B

Coffee Pot >:(
Drives me nuts.
Did I, did I not.
Don't know how many miles I have put on
checking to make sure.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I can say that I have forgotten some items before.
And yes to those few choice words you say to yourself on the way home....Matt

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I've done it a few times, one time forgot my detector and drove 40+ miles only to find out it wasn't in the truck. I wasn't a very happy camper that day!! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread