Hearts

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I am looking for similarities between sites. Measurements of carved hearts could indicate site construction by the same person.
If you are finding rocks or boulders shaped like hearts, at your studied site, measure both sides and let me know what you come up with. I'll record any updates, on this thread, as well as the region where the heart is located.
I'll go first.

Contributed by mdog on 12/9/2021
1. Small boulder carved in shape of heart. 67 inches on left side. 74 inches on right side. Upper midwest, 1 mile west of Mississippi River.

Contributed by sdcfia on 12/9/2021. Hearts were found at three sites.
1. Heart shaped rock 9 inches on each lobe.
2.Heart shaped rock 18 inches on each lobe.
3. Heart shaped rock 12 inches on each lobe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I am looking for similarities between sites. Measurements of carved hearts could indicate site construction by the same person.
If you are finding rocks or boulders shaped like hearts, at your studied site, measure both sides and let me know what you come up with. I'll record any updates, on this thread, as well as the region where the heart is located.
I'll go first.

1. Small boulder carved in shape of heart. 67 inches on left side. 74 inches on right side. Upper midwest, 1 mile west of Mississippi River.
I decided to concentrate on heart shaped rocks because they would be less common than the carved hearts with initials carved inside them.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided to concentrate on heart shaped rocks because they would be less common than the carved hearts with initials carved inside them.
Site 1: Heart-shaped rock with each lobe about 9". Curiously, about 20' away are both a bird-shaped rock looking at the heart, and a dagger-shaped rock pointing at the heart.
Heart 1.JPG

Bird.jpg

Dagger.JPG

Site 2: Adjacent to the opening to a backfilled vertical shaft about 20' clean is this heart, about 18" each lobe. The site was posted as a "monitored BLM cultural site" about the time the backfill removers were run off.
Heart 2.JPG

Site 3: Ran across this on the ground while carefully following a specific compass bearing. Lobes about 12" each side.
Heart 3.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks sdcfia. I recorded these on the first post of the thread.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
1. Small boulder carved in the shape of a heart. 67 inches on left side. 74 inches on right side. Upper midwest, 1 mile west of Mississippi River.

The letters H, J and S, and their numerical values, are important at this site. H=8, J=10 and S=19. Add them up and you get 37. The right side of the heart that I recorded is 74 inches which is a multiple of 2x37. H+J=18 and S=19. 18 and 19 and variations of those two numbers are used at this site. Another number that shows up, very often, is 13. The left side of this heart is 67 which when added together, 6+7 equals 13.
Here are the measurements from sdcfia's three sites.

1. The complete heart measures 18 inches.
2. Each side measures 18 inches. Also, 1+8+1+8=18. You have a heart rock measuring 18 inches on both sides whose numbers add up to 18. You have one heart rock with three 18's.
3. Each side measures 12 inches, 12+12=24. There doesn't seem to be any similarities here.

So there are similarities between the heart I recorded and two of the hearts that sdcfia contributed and our sites are hundreds of miles apart.

Circumstantial evidence at my site indicates that it was engineered during the late 1800's by a suspected KGC guy who was also a Mason. His initials were H, J and S. He was a trained engraver and manufactured ornamental plaster works. Did this guy travel around the country setting up these sites or was the H, J and S a model used by different engineers.

Here's how the site was setup. There were six carvings related by the numbers 18, 19, 74 and 13. The first two were high on a bluff. the second two were at the bottom of the bluff and the last two were on top of the bluff. They formed a big triangle of several hundred yards. The first two symbols were on the north, up high, the second two were to the south, at the foot of the bluff and the last two were on top of the bluff, to the west. The initials H, J and S were carved at the bottom of the bluff to the lower right, kind of like where an artist would put his name on a picture that was just painted.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know about the measurements,or it being done by the same person. But it sure looks like the same type of work over a long period of time. Midwest, Mississipp river, dang those guys sure do get around,so it seems. A lot of guys seem to measure and degree that stuff. Hopefully you will get some more input.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
... I think they are naturally made by Mother Nature. When I find a heart shaped rock, I take it home to my best girl and it adds up to some extra sugar from her, it’s what living life is about...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... I think they are naturally made by Mother Nature. When I find a heart shaped rock, I take it home to my best girl and it adds up to some extra sugar from her, it’s what living life is about...
Fat, you're correct that double-lobed rocks are quite commonly found in Mother Nature. Not all heart-shaped rocks are natural, which can typically be verified by discovering tool marks and/or "assisted" fractures on them. This evidence can persist for perhaps hundreds of years on hard rock.

Of course, even if one finds a naturally occurring stone heart and wants to use it as a marker for some reason, then that's fine too. After all, it's the shape itself and it's placement that's important.

Natural heart-shaped rocks
hearts.jpg

I've found perhaps hundreds of heart-shaped rocks over the decades and brought many back to my girlfriend who likes to paint things on the perfect ones. The three I showed in Post #3 were all obviously "assisted" into their current shapes, but more importantly were located in strategic places.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Dont know about the measurements,or it being done by the same person. But it sure looks like the same type of work over a long period of time. Midwest, Mississipp river, dang those guys sure do get around,so it seems. A lot of guys seem to measure and degree that stuff. Hopefully you will get some more input.
Hi dog. Bullion was moved to different parts of the country, and there were also private fortunes to consider.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Fat. You can clearly see the chisel marks on the heart that I recorded. Also, notches were chipped out in order to get the proper measurements.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
1. Small boulder carved in the shape of a heart. 67 inches on left side. 74 inches on right side. Upper midwest, 1 mile west of Mississippi River.

The letters H, J and S, and their numerical values, are important at this site. H=8, J=10 and S=19. Add them up and you get 37. The right side of the heart that I recorded is 74 inches which is a multiple of 2x37. H+J=18 and S=19. 18 and 19 and variations of those two numbers are used at this site. Another number that shows up, very often, is 13. The left side of this heart is 67 which when added together, 6+7 equals 13.
Here are the measurements from sdcfia's three sites.

1. The complete heart measures 18 inches.
2. Each side measures 18 inches. Also, 1+8+1+8=18. You have a heart rock measuring 18 inches on both sides whose numbers add up to 18. You have one heart rock with three 18's.
3. Each side measures 12 inches, 12+12=24. There doesn't seem to be any similarities here.

So there are similarities between the heart I recorded and two of the hearts that sdcfia contributed and our sites are hundreds of miles apart.

Circumstantial evidence at my site indicates that it was engineered during the late 1800's by a suspected KGC guy who was also a Mason. His initials were H, J and S. He was a trained engraver and manufactured ornamental plaster works. Did this guy travel around the country setting up these sites or was the H, J and S a model used by different engineers.

Here's how the site was setup. There were six carvings related by the numbers 18, 19, 74 and 13. The first two were high on a bluff. the second two were at the bottom of the bluff and the last two were on top of the bluff. They formed a big triangle of several hundred yards. The first two symbols were on the north, up high, the second two were to the south, at the foot of the bluff and the last two were on top of the bluff, to the west. The initials H, J and S were carved at the bottom of the bluff to the lower right, kind of like where an artist would put his name on a picture that was just painted.
I made a mistake on this post, there is a similarity in measurement between the heart I recorded and sdcfia's number 3 heart. Sdcfia's number three heart measured 12 inches on each side for a total of 24 inches. My heart measured 67 on the left and 74 on the right. 6+7=13 and 7+4=11. 13+11=24, different sites, different techniques, same number.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Sdcfia, did you get any measurements off the dagger shaped rock?

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Fat. You can clearly see the chisel marks on the heart that I recorded. Also, notches were chipped out in order to get the proper measurements.
... I don’t see that at all. Have you checked out the history of the heart symbols? There is nothing about them being signs of treasure, everything about that symbol has to do with emotion of love and heart break.
I don’t understand your math.
The dagger and birds head are natural.
I’m not trying to ruin your party, go find that treasure and prove me wrong, I’m just not seeing anything man made in your clues...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sdcfia, did you get any measurements off the dagger shaped rock?
I didn't measure it, but as I recall it was about a foot long. Which reminds me, I called it a dagger in post#2 for convenience sake, but it doesn't really look knife-like. My deceased mentor insisted it was a "boot" with an identifying heel, which of course is a better description. The "toe" Supposedly indicated direction.

That site was intriguing. I first discovered an obvious mine dump with no adit or shaft anywhere near, which indicated that the source of the waste rock must have been backfilled. Other nearby markers found there were a couple rings of rock on the ground, a pattern of tree blazes and an unusual "home plate" rock, also pointing to the heart-shaped rock. I don't want to highjack your thread, dog, but to stay on topic - IMO the heart was an intentional clue to a puzzle I wasn't able to solve.

E view1.JPG

Pointer.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I didn't measure it, but as I recall it was about a foot long. Which reminds me, I called it a dagger in post#2 for convenience sake, but it doesn't really look knife-like. My deceased mentor insisted it was a "boot" with an identifying heel, which of course is a better description. The "toe" Supposedly indicated direction.

That site was intriguing. I first discovered an obvious mine dump with no adit or shaft anywhere near, which indicated that the source of the waste rock must have been backfilled. Other nearby markers found there were a couple rings of rock on the ground, a pattern of tree blazes and an unusual "home plate" rock, also pointing to the heart-shaped rock. I don't want to highjack your thread, dog, but to stay on topic - IMO the heart was an intentional clue to a puzzle I wasn't able to solve.

View attachment 1996698
View attachment 1996699
Thank you sdcfia. The chiseled hearts are confusing, especially the small hearts that are easy to move. The heart that I recorded weighs hundreds of pounds and could only be moved by heavy machinery. The hearts in your pictures look small enough to be picked up and taken from the site, so they would be useless as clues leading to a treasure. Maybe the small hearts were buried or hidden, as a clue, and when they were recovered, they were discarded at the spot. Who knows.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
... I don’t see that at all. Have you checked out the history of the heart symbols? There is nothing about them being signs of treasure, everything about that symbol has to do with emotion of love and heart break.
I don’t understand your math.
The dagger and birds head are natural.
I’m not trying to ruin your party, go find that treasure and prove me wrong, I’m just not seeing anything man made in your clues...
I've never heard of a heart symbol leading to a treasure. I would like to know who set up the sites and why. The math is simple, as a matter of fact, too simple. I'm hoping the simple math will turn out to be be a name.
I have researched the heart symbol, several years ago. It hasn't always signified love. It doesn't resemble a human heart, either.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never heard of a heart symbol leading to a treasure. I would like to know who set up the sites and why. The math is simple, as a matter of fact, too simple. I'm hoping the simple math will turn out to be be a name.
I have researched the heart symbol, several years ago. It hasn't always signified love. It doesn't resemble a human heart, either.
As you know dog, my working model of the "treasure clues" phenomena is that the markers are very real and connected, but when following them, the searcher winds up in a dead-end loop. These loops can encompass a quarter acre, 20 square miles or any sized playground in between. These loops are clever security plans IMO, because if the alleged target exists, it is very likely nearby the carvings, cairns, blazes, landmarks and other pointers, but in a place not directly pointed out by them. Pesky searchers find good things and keep finding more, but eventually they become hopelessly frustrated and give up the chase. Or die.

A common reason for the "heart clue" being identified and embraced by most TH-ers is the Biblical quote (Matthew 6:21), "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I can pick up a lot of these as well from sites I know of. I actually leave them in place. Just because you don't what they mean, doesn't mean they are worthless to a site and how to find something. You should have left them all in place. Ignorance ruins these spots. The people before us ruin these spots. Quit moving stuff and let someone else figure it out.
I guess you're implying that every golf-ball sized rock lying on the ground that is heart-shaped is a "treasure sign"? Just like every talus slope is a Spanish mine dump, every odd-shaped rock outcropping was carved by the ancients, et al?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess you're implying that every golf-ball sized rock lying on the ground that is heart-shaped is a "treasure sign"? Just like every talus slope is a Spanish mine dump, every odd-shaped rock outcropping was carved by the ancients, et al?
Depends where you find them. I missed where you mentioned that. Sorry, I shouldn't intervene right now, not in the best of mind set. I deleted my comment.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heart is also a mouse's head. Which means a stash. How many of you have found the human shaped heart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread