What's new

Help I.D.ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

njnydigger

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
829
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

Need help from the experts on here. I have found two lead figurines within the past month in different parks here in NJ. One is of a man on a horse. The second, found just today, looks to be a nun possibly. They feel like lead, however, I could be wrong. Both pieces are solid and VERY heavy. They are about an inch long each.

The second piece I need help with is an old "Jersey Bread Safety Club" badge. Can't find anything online whatsoever. I have seen that safety badges were pretty popular gimmicks that companies used for promotion with customers. However, any info on this particular badge is appreciated. Thanks.....
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0035.webp
    DSCF0035.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCF0002.webp
    DSCF0002.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCF0034.webp
    DSCF0034.webp
    31 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCF0035.webp
    DSCF0035.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 308
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

Interesting finds :icon_thumleft: Size reference might help on ID. I think the last piece is a promotional badge circa 1930-50.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

The first figure looks like the Grim Reaper. :o
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

the grim reaper appears to have breasts. Almost looks like a nun to me.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

traderoftreasures said:
does the guy on the horse look spanish ?



Not with that nose! :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

shaun7 said:
traderoftreasures said:
does the guy on the horse look spanish ?



Not with that nose! :D

While we're on the topic of Physiology... That Grim Reaper is either Female or has taken a Helluva lotta steroids... :tard:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

Grim Reaper or a Catholic nun. Pretty much one in the same. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:
traderoftreasures said:
does the guy on the horse look spanish ?



Not with that nose! :D

While we're on the topic of Physiology... That Grim Reaper is either Female or has taken a Helluva lotta steroids... :tard:



Maybe we need an up the habit shot :-\
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

I have found references on the Jersey Bread Company up until the early 1970's. I would agree with Iron Spike on the badge though. Several bread companies used the Lone Ranger as a medium for their advertising in the mid 30's. Naming just one-The Bond Bread Company had a "Lone Ranger Safety Club Badge" that started at the end of 1935. It was a major success. Although this badge has nothing to do with the Lone Ranger, I would date this to sometime after that. Makes sense.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

For some reason I keep thinking 'Star Wars' in relation to that first figure :dontknow:

and is it my imagination or is that figure wearing a Burka?

burka1.webp

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing lead figurines & old safety club badge.....

I think the first 2 are lead miniatures. They come in all shapes, sizes, with horses, without horses, soldiers, Ancients, etc.

Most of the lead miniatures, of course, are no longer made of lead, and many people collect them, paint them and play different kinds of war games with them, on a board that is set up with terrain.

B


miniatures 1.webp
 

Attachments

  • miniatures 2.webp
    miniatures 2.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 159
  • miniature 3.webp
    miniature 3.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom