What's new

Help ID Midden Mound Rock

TheMoundMan

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm new to the site. I just got done digging at our honey hole midden mound and I found a really unusual round rock. It was about 2 feet down and I've never seen anything like it. It's not perfectly round either. Thanks for the help
 

Attachments

  • image-513851866.webp
    image-513851866.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2491213310.webp
    image-2491213310.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2278738681.webp
    image-2278738681.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3662175983.webp
    image-3662175983.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3699306979.webp
    image-3699306979.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image-258540963.webp
    image-258540963.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
By the way, I'm from Austin, Tx and here's my other finds from the day!
 

Attachments

  • image-3681282079.webp
    image-3681282079.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 91
I'm no expert, but it looks like fossilized poop. :dontknow:
 
Could also be a egg that has fossilized. Welcome to the site, nice finds
 
Lol.. I don't think it's an egg all the markings on that stone appear to be natural except for the wear on what I would consider the bottom... it looks like it was probably used as a hammer stone or a mortar.. Just a rock that was used for a purpose... I've found a lot of them in places like that.
 
For a second there just glancing at the pics I thought it was a skull...whew! glad it's not!!! In pic #2 is that an X there? On a mano I found it has what looks like X's and on a piece of rock hard clay I found with no real shape the same X type thing is on there. I see these X's on alot of shards. So much we don't know...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom