What's new

Help ID

darryl

Full Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
150
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
This was found in pearl river county, Mississipi- it's 2 1/2 " length and 1" at widest point .

image-2392301474.webp

appreciate any help with identifying this artifact.
 

Attachments

  • image-2356015257.webp
    image-2356015257.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1473375557.webp
    image-1473375557.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 108
  • image-1923541135.webp
    image-1923541135.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 112
Upvote 0
It could if that is all the type of stone the area had to offer.
 
They all come from the same area - but different depths - most from 4-12 inches, but a very few at two feet- would this not make a difference in the time- possibly ?

If you're in an area that has never been disturbed by man or machine depth COULD mean something....you still have other factors to consider, erosion is just one of many. I've been in previously dug shelters and found Woodland and Archiac side by side. The clues are often there, in my case...fragments of a 1970's newspaper at four feet...lol.
 
Well I haven't found any newspaper, but I definately can't say that this narrow strip of land hasn't been touched by farm implements. But I can't help but think that if it had been- it was a strange place to farm- this strip of land which is higher than surrounding land may be 40 ft wide and maybe 50 to 60 yards in length. It just kinda juts out with the land slopeing down from the top. The man my Dad bought it from was a ol pharmacist- had a few cows and that was it- all the years I was there I never saw any sign of any other housing on this 150 acres. But I still can't be definate. Thanks for your input
 
Darryl that one in your avatar is outstanding.
 
rock said:
Darryl that one in your avatar is outstanding.

Thanks Rock-it's a nice one - the color is a bit deceiving though - the white Is much brighter in the picture.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom