What's new

Help need to clean coins

juiceman99

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Piney woods east Texas,,oak grove
Detector(s) used
whites xlt / Beach hunter 300/ whites 5d,garrett 400
Does anyone know how to clean the copper pennies? i have tried Tumbling,to soaking them, nothing i know work's.anyone got a idea Thanks and have a great day to hunt.
 
If you are just cleaning them to put back in circulation, Lemon juice and salt can clean them up some. Mauriac acid is another if you don't use it full strength.

I don't clean mine anymore but dump them in a Coin-star machine at the super market.
 
Sandman is right: if they're just common memorials, tumble them (if even that) and put them back into circulation. But if you meant common wheaties, then to be honest with you, they're only worth .02c at best. I just put them into my memorials for rolling/spending. If you're talking key date wheats or IHs, then I use a product called "Ezest". Directions are on the tubs :)
 
I use a tumbler with some aquarium rocks and liquid dish washing detergent. The copper pennies (1959 - 1982) clean up pretty good but the some of the copper plated zinc pennies (1982 to present) start to disintegrate and I end up just throwing those away.
 
Tumbler, dish soap with aquarium gravel...Matt
 
TUMBLER ,DISHSOAP, AND AQUARIUM ROCK THEN OFF TO THE COINSTAR. EVEN THE ZINC PENNIES.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom