What's new

Help Wanted

Tank69

Silver Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone , For those of you that know me know I truly love this great hobby of ours , As many of you know I was a very very regular person to be on this site with comments an finds an in general just hanging out learning an being around awesome folks .Some may have noticed I haven't been around much since last summer ......long story short ...I got real sick an found out I have a very bad heart that is 32% larger than normal an heart disease ..between that an 3 heart attacks in 2 months kinda halted life a bit .

Here's where I need some help from all my TNet family , I had 3 stents put in April an will be going in on the 11Th of next month to have a defibulator installed , then the way it sounds be put on the list for a heart transplant .

Is there anyone in the TNet community that has had a transplant or defibulator put in that would be willing to answer some questions for me an kinda tell me how things went for them an the life changes involved .

I'm not looking for sympathy or to cry one anyones shoulder , its life an the cards I've been dealt .Thanks for reading my long winded saga Happy Hunting everyone an may there be treasure in every swing of your coil .

:icon_thumleft: Tank
 
:o

Shocked to hear you have been ill :o My wife works in Hospital Theatre I could ask here :dontknow:

I hope everything works out OK for you, and you get back swing that coil soon :icon_thumleft:

Best Wishes...Silver Searcher :icon_thumleft:
 
Can't answer your questions but I really hope everything works out. I know my Uncle went through the same thing and is in good health today.

Brian
 
Long winded? Naw mate, I've only got one stent and i'd have whined three times longer than your post about it! lol.

Can't help on answers sorry, but wish you all the best for the future. :thumbsup:
 
Glad your ok after your episodes.

Sounds like ya got a good doc. My brother went through the same thing, he had a few heart attacks and had some stents in, a few years ago he had a defib and a pacemaker installed and he went back to work.
He is a correction officer and needed a few more years for full retirement. He retired last month and has not sat down yet, He said it improved his life from what it was and can do things he could not do before....

I'll keep ya in my prayers, but something tells me your going to be showing some great finds after detecting all day without being winded :wink:
 
Your in my prayers bro . A guy I use to work with had that defib and a pacemaker deal it put him back just about to normal. :icon_sunny:
 
no idea, but prayers are with ya man. Take care of yourself out there.
 
thanks for the kind words an encouragement everyone :icon_thumleft:
 
Tank69, Is life over.... as you knew it? NOT A CHANCE! I have a heart problem, but no stents yet. I simply carry a very small, three-legged, fold-up stool with me. I get tired... I sit down. If you seem to be thinking about the rocking chair more, FIGHT IT! Your choice. Take care. TTC
 
Hang in there Tank, I wondered what happened to you. I am close to the same boat and must sit down after walking a ways. It must be why I like hunting deep water where I can lay back and rest. You are gonna be in my prayers.
 
Reminds me of a funny detecting story.
I was at the beach one day with a friend. We were detecting and when he came back he told me a lady had freaked out on him for getting to close with his detector. The lady yelled at my friend that her husband had just had a pacemaker put in and she was afriad the radio waves from the detector were going to throw off his pacemaker and give him another heart attack.
I also had a lady ask me if I was afraid of getting electrocuted one day when I was detecting in the water. I had to laugh at that one!
 
coinshooter said:
Reminds me of a funny detecting story.
I was at the beach one day with a friend. We were detecting and when he came back he told me a lady had freaked out on him for getting to close with his detector. The lady yelled at my friend that her husband had just had a pacemaker put in and she was afriad the radio waves from the detector were going to throw off his pacemaker and give him another heart attack.
I also had a lady ask me if I was afraid of getting electrocuted one day when I was detecting in the water. I had to laugh at that one!
Mine was a woman stormed up to me in the lake and asked very firmly, what I was doing to the water. It took everything I had to not say. peeing in it! :tongue3: (As she stood next to me) I stayed nice and smiled and told her I was checking to see how much nuclear waste Fermi lost last week. I laughed and told her I was metal detecting. Not even a grin from the woman. :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom