What's new

Hematite Face Effigy?

EGREEN

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 2, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-23-09.webp


I found this about 4yrs ago in Kentucky, can't remember the town but something like within 50miles of Lake Barkley/Land between the Lakes area. It's heavy, and it gets rusty. I know there is hematite and iron ore in the area, my dad has a favorite vein of it he brings hunks home from. I'm looking for some validation on what this is. It pretty much is a face with an exposed brain ontop, very interesting. I put it in my office plant and ever since then my plant has been clinging to life, finally removed it because I figure it's leaching something... Just hopefully not bad spirits ;)
 
Last edited:
View attachment 1474586


I found this about 4yrs ago in Kentucky, can't remember the town but something like within 50miles of Lake Barkley/Land between the Lakes area. It's heavy, and it gets rusty. I know there is hematite and iron ore in the area, my dad has a favorite vein of it he brings hunks home from. I'm looking for some validation on what this is. It pretty much is a face with an exposed brain ontop, very interesting. I put it in my office plant and ever since then my plant has been clinging to life, finally removed it because I figure it's leaching something... Just hopefully not bad spirits ;)

It isn't hematite but I can't tell from the photo what it's made of? It actually looks more like the face of an owl. Oh yeah did I mention BRAINS!!! :laughing7:
 
Better Pic?

Screenshot_2017-07-20-22-21-22.webp

This a little better picture.... I was going to get more but then the baby started crying and the 11yo was saying "not it", Then my phone went dead...Such is the life of a super hero. ;)
If I have time this weekend I'll try to get pictures of the sides and back. It feels, looks and acts like some sort of metal... even leaves a metallic smell on your hands after handling it. You can even see the red rusting from it being in my plant VS the first pic which was taken the day I found it 4 yrs ago.

I know there were iron smelters in the area, maybe someone made this just fooling around when they were melting the iron ore?

I found it in a ditch amongst some pretty cool fossils. There was a large clearing about half the size of a football field. It looked like a gravel pit, the whole area was just natural rocks of all kinds so I'm really surprised I found anything there just because it started to all look the same!
 
Sorry, it is a geofact, natural stone
 
On the other hand, you could paint in what you see and try to sell it ... works for my wife.
 
Well fiddle stix!
Not interested in painting it or selling it. I like the oddity for its oddities.... Might take it back to work for a conversation piece. Everyone that saw it thought it was creepy lol.
Thank you!
 
I see it..Surely there's got to be a place you can send it off too that can tell you for sure ? I have a face effigy too and I don't think it's just mother nature....
 
It looks like a natural, but peculiar, formation to me, too. Doesn’t appear to be man made but, like you said, maybe keep it as a conversation piece at work or wherever. I doubt it had anything to do with the demise of your plant.
 
I don't know but it would sell on Ebay!
 
I see it..Surely there's got to be a place you can send it off too that can tell you for sure ? I have a face effigy too and I don't think it's just mother nature....

You can find someone who will tell you it's real just like you can find someone who will say the earth is flat. They call it portable art, which is really just combination of mother nature and their imagination.
 
Last edited:
Google "Pareidolia".

Our brains are hard-coded to get information from faces or detect the stare of a predator.

We see faces in inanimate objects.

34918554036_c2451b944d_b.webp
 
. . . it's even worse when the clouds look back

I see you_v2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom