Hey tick infested Bastages!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gleaner, I feel for you. I went undiagnosed for 6 years and in that time I'd gone two dozen times to local hospital, received no help of any kind. O wasn't diagnosed until 2008 but I'd gone into stage 3 by then, im in stage 4 now. It finally broke through the brain barrier, caused my heart to lose ability to pace itself so I had pacemaker put in at age 38, walked with 2 canes, the pain is unreal. I had 4 piclines put into my arms to administer IV meds twice daily,none worked. Mu doctor told me to fight it, get out and beat this so I got into metal detecting so I would be forced to walk, bend and move in ways that hurt and its helped. I don't walk with canes anymore but I still take meds like crazy..vicodin, klonopin, methadone all to control pain then others for my heart..all from a freaking bug bite. I hate tick. Plz plz do yourself a favor and get rechecked for it 6 months from now and don't just think its over, the meds can force it to go into a protective cyst state and come back later on.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you get better. You cannot be re-checked for Lyme with the blood anti body test, once you have it the anti bodies are still there even if the bacteria is eliminated you will always get a positive test. But no worry, let's put it this way, if you had Lyme infection you would suffer joint pain that would send the Devil himself to the nearest clinic I cannot think of any excuse how anybody alive would suffer thru just a few days of it without driving his sorry ass to a doctor STAT

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there other symptoms?

I was bitten in October, took the antibiotics, but seem to be having more aches and pains....diminished energy.

Thanks, and Good Luck with your fight.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blood test they do is at best 15% accurate and yes the antibodies are the signal of the disease but since the test is so poor you could show negative if you went next week. There are other tests including the spinal test which is 85% accurate. Guys believe me I know about this I've suffered with it for over ten years and another family member has for 23 yrs. As far as other signs, the disease is called the great imitator, it has 160+known characteristics/signs. Decreased energy, joint pain are common. I not only have Lyme but two co-infections...one is erlichiosis which eats off the lining of your nerves, other is bobesia which is the tick version of malaria-makes you sweat for no reason,your hands hurt especially your thumbs and palms, swelling of joints, headaches. Other Lyme symptoms that I had was lack of coordination, brain fog..id forget what I was doing..got to be so bad I lost my position as I would forget where I was and had to turn in my badge and resign because I was a liability. Not mad,I understand and they were justified,I could have put someone in danger. Lack of coordination meant I couldn't run anymore then got so bad couldn't walk. Another sign is waking up in morning and hurting badly in your lower back specifically like your tailbone or across that area. Some reason the spirochete likes to attack the nerve cluster there. Weird one is horrible bad breath, the spirochete feeds off of yeast in your system so it uses sugar you intake to promote growing of yeast to feed. Your tongue will have a coating on it. Many other things, plz take time to look up the symptoms. The only time pill antibiotics work is if you catch it within first few days of bite of not a much longer regiment of meds are needed or like me IVs are needed and that may not work..like me. Prayers work I know that, thank God for giving me back my legs and hands and ability to speak.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was bit by 2 ticks a month or so ago. I now use deepwoods off before I go now. Spray it all over and it seems like they will stay off of you. I dont think I got any reactions from the tick bites so I guess I was lucky.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sorry so many have gone through Lymes Disease,it sounds so debilitating .

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was bit by 2 ticks a month or so ago. I now use deepwoods off before I go now. Spray it all over and it seems like they will stay off of you. I dont think I got any reactions from the tick bites so I guess I was lucky.

I have found NO regular Bug repelant that keeps the ticks off . The only thing we swear by here in Pa. is PERMETHRIN . Wal Mart has a spray bottle or you can go to Tractor Supply and get a big bottle that is concentrated and needs to be cut to use . NEVER spray it on your skin . It is meant to be applied to the clothes you will wear in the woods . Apply it as directed to clothing , then allow it to DRY .

I used the Wal Mart bottle on my and my daughters clothing before spending 3 days clearing ATV trails in known tick infested property . I did NOT find 1 tick on either of us any of those 3 days . I purposely walked through high brush until I saw 2 on my pant leg . They could'nt get off fast enough before dieing . Actually made me laugh to finally get some payback for all the hours spent with a hand mirror checking myself and daughter every time we went near any woods the past 5 years when this crap started around here . Permethrin is THE answer for fighting those nasty bas$#@ rds . Good Luck & HH .

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went today out in the woods and sprayed the DW off on my clothes got home and no ticks were on me. I am guessing that is why cause 2 other times before no spray and I had ticks on me. Im thinking better than nothing.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I orders some of that permethrin 24oz spray bottle for $11 not a bad deal. Not that I can get Lyme again but they can give me the co-infections again and that's what messed my heart up. I've seen video of this stuff working on different bugs, its awesome to watch especially when the video of an exterminator using it on a house infested with roaches, those bugs went into seizures and dies within seconds. I'm going to use this stuff just for revenge against these damned things after what they've cost me.

songdog

May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Avon's Skin-So-Soft works in keeping ticks and chiggers off of you.
Our right of way tree trimmers use it all the time.

tabjunkie

Greenie
Aug 22, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,at pro,ace250
Hey Guys, This topic comes up all the time here. You are right Permethrin works. Period! Spray on clothes & let dry before wearing. Follow directions too! Make sure your clothes are WET after spraying. This bonds the chemical with the material when dry and lasts several washings. Not only does it take care of ticks but also mosquitoes and those nasty chiggers. I have used this for early season hunting & it works everytime. Also check out Cabelas for "bug suits". I purchased a set last year and along with spray you could roll around on the ground if you felt like it with no problems

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One of the easiest ways is to take garlic pills about 2 weeks before u think u will go into the woods. give some to your dog too and use every day the dog will shed the ticks and fleas as they don't like the garlic,neither will your neighbors. rwdmo shortribs

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey gleaner1! Sorry to hear about your exposure to the Lyme disease episode! Truly a debilitating critter! No initial symptoms to alert one as to the sequelae! Down South we treat folks with the cycline meds prophylactically to prevent overall infections! Rocky Mountain SPotted Fever is another Tick borne infection which causes havoc with the body, but you actually develop a florid rash with it, at least alerting one something is going on! There is a medication called Neurontin which helps the nerve pain at times! Best of luck in your recovery!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done some research on Lyme disease thinking my daughter had it. She has been sick for yrs but was never able to get a diagnosis. Last yr they decided she had TB & treated her with heavy duty antibiotics for 6 mths. Half way thru treatment doc told her they thought it was a false positive on TB, but she was feeling so much better, he wouldn't take her off the meds. We still don't know if she had Lymes , but all the symptoms presented as such. There is some concern that Alzheimers & other like diseases are just late stages of lymes. It would behoove all to research, & to get the vaccination.
For those of you that have or had the disease, I feel for you. I have seen first hand the debilitating pain it causes
Insurance companies are fighting testing to see if patients have it, because it is a long treatment, & can be quite expensive. Very sad.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Interesting mama bear!! Seems as if the majority of these dendritic ending diseases/nerve ending diseases evolve into some form of mental debility!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very well known doctor has taken it upon himself to research where others won't due to lack of funding. He purchased 10 cadavers from universities all elderly with diagnosed Alzheimers and found the Lyme spirochete in every patients brain.
Now for more oddity. Main areas Lyme has broken out and when...came our in Germany and Russia in WWII then in USA in late 60's..why? Just so happens a Nazi doctor by the name Eric trebe was conducting bio warfare using ticks trying to devastate Russia's food supply(cows, sheep,pigs etc) well it attacked humans too and also got out in Germany. Our government brought this fool here to conduct same research and placed him in charge of a special department on plum island. Its known that animals escaped the island and its believed that's how Lyme has gotten into the public. There are government documents supporting this whole story and it pisses me off.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope thing get better for Yea
thought I had one one my back turned out to be a boil or zit did that thing hurt and messy

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know those things hurt but have you seen that one on YouTube with the guy who had a cyst on his back and they lance it at his house, I assume the woman doing it was a nurse. The stuff she squeezed out of that guys back was unreal. It looked like cheese whip. I can't imagine it not hurting if a little pimple hurts that thing has to be awful. If u want to get grossed out or gross someone u love out find that video. I did and made my wife sick. Its those sharing moments that keep the excitement and love in a marriage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions