What's new

High Karat Gold

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Santa Ana winds have taken the chill out of our December in California for the past few days. The beach, especially, has been just beautiful!

My knee has healed amazingly well...maybe in part due to shuffling around in the sand. I only missed the one day of detecting .. so now I feel my old youthful (is that an oxymoron?) self again.

Tuesday afternoon detecting buddy Dan and I made a trip to our local beach. a beautiful day for sure. Starting out in the sand Dan wished a gold and silver for me.

Doing the wet sand was productive with targets but predominately clad.

Until out of my scoop peeked a dark gold color! From about 6" deep with my Dual Field at the junction of wet and dry sand came my highest karat gold! At .916, 22K a Hindu religious medallion! It's a little over 2 grams.


My only other notable find was a tiny silver ring at 0.5 grams. All in all a great day with great results...and Dan's wish for me came true...gold and silver!

The little guy on the end is the ring from yesterday..the other two are from a previous hunt.



Gotta Love this hobby!
 
Upvote 0
Great finds Doc! Love the medallion!
I was at Seal Beach today this afternoon and it was warm and beautiful!
Glad to hear your knees are all healed up! It was a two Advil evening for me!:laughing7:
 
You guys are making me homesick for Southern Cal. Beautiful pendant.8-)
 
Dr. Joe, I love that pendant!:hello2:

Terrific find! Congrats on that one and the silver; the turquoise stone is beautiful!

Glad to read that your knee has healed.

Lorraine
 
Gotta love religious medals. Great score!
 
Good to see gold. It's getting a little better out there.
:occasion14:
 
Glad your knees are getting better and congratulations of those great finds. I love this hobby, even when I can't participate or just find a few pennies. I know that some great find like this could be under my coil the next time I go detecting. That is a beautiful find. Looks like one of the rings from the other day is a snake ring?
 
That's a beaut! Take care with the knee.
 
Love that color...great pics too...congrats.
 
Excellent find!! And I've had two knee replacements and only 44 so I know what knee pain is all about! Take care of it

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating
 
You found it on the junction between wet and dry sand .You mean hightide by the dry sand? Sorry im just curious. Nice finds! High carats surley tickle me :p
 
nice finds for sure
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom