What's new

historical coin spill found in New England.

TRHNTR

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
229
Golden Thread
0
Location
MASS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about my original post. I am not familiar with this site and I thought I had posted the story about the coins, but apparently I did not.
It was my first outing with a couple friends I haven’t seen in a while. trying our luck on some new permission hay fields. I found six tree coins in about a 20 foot radius, all in separate holes, I was in amazement. couldn’t believe it, grateful I we went back for three more days and pounded it and
I squeezed out two more tree coins!
 I can’t believe it 🤯 going over the site thoroughly again for the third day, The six pence was in a hole I’d already rechecked, and the three pence must’ve gotten lonely 🤓 Note to self: after you recheck your holes, make sure you remember to recheck your holes again!
that makes a total of eight Tree coins found,  unbelievable! and I it was a coin spill, but now that I think about it, that’s an awful lot of money to be carrying around. It could’ve been a stash that was spread by the plow, we can only imagine.. 😊 I still can’t believe it, I am beyond grateful and honestly speechless 🫠🙃
I had to put down my dog-sweet baby girl Cali a couple weeks ago, it never gets easier 💔
One of my friends had said to me you spent eight beautiful years with her and she gave you eight beautiful treats from heaven. Makes total sense now.😌 thank you Cali🙏
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0602.webp
    IMG_0602.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,074
  • IMG_0603.webp
    IMG_0603.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 577
  • IMG_0600.webp
    IMG_0600.webp
    4 MB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0601.webp
    IMG_0601.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0731.webp
    IMG_0731.webp
    778 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 70
Man o man....what's not to like about that. Backstory please???
 
Can't find a "TRHNTR" anywhere else on the web, and as Robert said, they
ain't been back since they made that post.

Could an AI create that image? No offense to the OP, but I'm just
not that trusting anymore.
 
I hear ya Dizzy. Quite the hit-and-run. For whatever reasons, it seems that something secretive is going on. Maybe the OP has second thoughts about letting the world know about such a "historic" find. Too many questions could be asked about the find that they might not want to have to answer.:-X
 
Can't find a "TRHNTR" anywhere else on the web, and as Robert said, they
ain't been back since they made that post.

Could an AI create that image? No offense to the OP, but I'm just
not that trusting anymore.
Several AI detection sites say its 100% legit.
Odd to post it though and not return, especially with a picture of them, the finders in it.
And his only post since joining in 2016.
gif-eating-popcorn-46-1869511482.gif
 
I am sure the Op is relishing in the moment(s)... once the realization of it all set in i am sure the Op is out seeking advice how to move forward.
Now...
I did notice there were three people in the picture...
From past stories and such i know that things can get "icky" on the "split" when mulitple people are involved...
I would dare guess that there are several things in play here and this site is the farthest thing from that mindset currently.
We shall see how it plays out.
After all....
There is some serious money involved there.
 
Drop the mic fellow Mass hunter...and the pinpointer.. No one will ever top that one. Even just one of those coins is the kind of find that we New England detectorists dream about. But a spill? Mind numbing.

Best guess on the cone of silence is that this guy got a private permission and in doing so casually told the land owner "hey if I find something truly historic and valuable I'll let you know" or maybe he found it on public town land or worse yet in a state park (a no no) and he is worried someone will try to lay claim to the find. And so now he is trying to figure out what to do. There is a spot I used to hunt on town land (woods, trails and fields, not a manicured public park) and a town employee approached me on two separate occasions asking to see what I found, my name, and telling me that anything historical I find belongs to the town.
 
Last edited:
I am sure the Op is relishing in the moment(s)... once the realization of it all set in i am sure the Op is out seeking advice how to move forward.
Now...
I did notice there were three people in the picture...
From past stories and such i know that things can get "icky" on the "split" when mulitple people are involved...
I would dare guess that there are several things in play here and this site is the farthest thing from that mindset currently.
We shall see how it plays out.
After all....
There is some serious money involved there.
Basically that was my thoughts as well. The realization of what the coins are worth. Was it on public, or private lands.
Possible split, or each guy for themselves.

It's not like let's meet up for a hunt tomorrow and we'll split all the recoveries between us.

It's speculation on our part that these all came out of the same whole even. It could of been multiple recoveries and it was a group photo of the day's take.

When dealing with the potential $$$ that can involve lots of different People and issues.

Heck it's very possible it was a single person dig. No interest in selling, going to put them in a display and enjoy looking at them.
 
Basically that was my thoughts as well. The realization of what the coins are worth. Was it on public, or private lands.
Possible split, or each guy for themselves.

It's not like let's meet up for a hunt tomorrow and we'll split all the recoveries between us.

It's speculation on our part that these all came out of the same whole even. It could of been multiple recoveries and it was a group photo of the day's take.

When dealing with the potential $$$ that can involve lots of different People and issues.

Heck it's very possible it was a single person dig. No interest in selling, going to put them in a display and enjoy looking at them.
Yeah... people can and do turn funny when a lot of money is involved.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom