History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , I am sure many of you will rag :BangHead: on what I am about to post but The owners of Oak Island did uncover a major find in one of the 5 TV shows aired. This is the best find since the Money Pit was found. The owners of Oak Island don't even know what they found yet but the History Channel does now and I am sure this could answer many of the questions every one has. No I can't talk about what they found but I am sure everyone on this site ( even Dave ) will agree with this. What they found will start a major dig and get things going again. So ya this TV show could air again.

Finderkeeper.......................I'm very intrigued by your post! I'd be very happy to learn they found something tangible that points the searchers in a new direction for uncovering the mystery of Oak Island.

Throughout the 5 episodes there's been some finds that were not discussed at length. Any one of those finds could become significant once tested.

Can I buy a clue? I've recorded all 5 episodes of The Curse of Oak Island. Is there any one particular episode I should watch again?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay tuned for season 2 !
Finderskeepers , since you are in the know, perhaps you could relay a message? Can you tell the producers of curses to keep moving forward ! Not dwell so much on recapping?
They lost my attention half way through the last episode, I fell asleep! That was the last thing I wanted to do cause I really wanted to see the whole episode!!
By the way how is the carbon dating coming?
Ya, I fell asleep to and missed some. Its the film company that puts everything together not the owners of Oak Island. I hope they will make better changes to the show if they do another series. I still think they did their best and I did like the show.
The carbon dating on the ship is on hold. We are now under contract and the BIG BOYs tell us what and when we can do anything because they want to be sure its on film at the time the carbon date comes in. We still have time to pull this off.

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
OK , I am sure many of you will rag :BangHead: on what I am about to post but The owners of Oak Island did uncover a major find in one of the 5 TV shows aired. This is the best find since the Money Pit was found. The owners of Oak Island don't even know what they found yet but the History Channel does now and I am sure this could answer many of the questions every one has. No I can't talk about what they found but I am sure everyone on this site ( even Dave ) will agree with this. What they found will start a major dig and get things going again. So ya this TV show could air again.

Let me guess: you watched the episodes several times and believe they uncovered some kind of "marker" or "sign". Of course, the owners overlooked it but thanks to your highly trained eye, you know it was a ground-breaking discovery so you emailed the producers and told them so. Now the mystery will be solved.

Come on, man.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderkeeper.......................I'm very intrigued by your post! I'd be very happy to learn they found something tangible that points the searchers in a new direction for uncovering the mystery of Oak Island.

Throughout the 5 episodes there's been some finds that were not discussed at length. Any one of those finds could become significant once tested.

Can I buy a clue? I've recorded all 5 episodes of The Curse of Oak Island. Is there any one particular episode I should watch again?
I was going to post everything after the last episode aired but the people I work for put a stop to that. and no this is not a stunt for the show. I don't know the owners of Oak Island and I do not believe the treasure is there but this new found proof could prove who was there and when.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me guess: you watched the episodes several times and believe they uncovered some kind of "marker" or "sign". Of course, the owners overlooked it but thanks to your highly trained eye, you know it was a ground-breaking discovery so you emailed the producers and told them so. Now the mystery will be solved.

Come on, man.
No I didn't email them , I just pick up the phone and talk to them. Ya I wanted to see more proof of what happen on Oak Island in the past. The owners are not treasure hunters and they move to fast from site to site. I can spend months and years at a site looking for a clue when a new be comes along and sees something I missed. This is what happen on the Oak Island TV Show.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you give us the episode I recorded all the shows too. I enjoyed most of the show.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to remember there was another story that dragged out for all its worth, somewhere around Dents Run, lots of similarities!

rush

Aug 24, 2009
I'm telling you guys it's in the rocks they found ! Look at the end of the last episode the rocks are on the table .
One is roundish and broken or chiped . The outside is different then the inside . If anyone knows the owners
please ask them to detect the rocks!! They also said something about the Romans and that they made cement
when they first took them out of the swamp the old guy says it.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing they haven't discussed, is what happens to the treasure when they find it.

I know they own the island, but Canada changed it's laws regarding historic treasure in the recent past....just curious.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was interested in the pointy object found at low tide near the beach. I would have dug it up. Maybe they did but if so they did not show it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was interested in the pointy object found at low tide near the beach. I would have dug it up. Maybe they did but if so they did not show it.

I think they found out it was noting of importance,
& hoped everyone would forget.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Ya, I fell asleep to and missed some. Its the film company that puts everything together not the owners of Oak Island. I hope they will make better changes to the show if they do another series. I still think they did their best and I did like the show.
The carbon dating on the ship is on hold. We are now under contract and the BIG BOYs tell us what and when we can do anything because they want to be sure its on film at the time the carbon date comes in. We still have time to pull this off.
Guess I fell asleep too. I missed the episode where they found a ship. Which one was that ?

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roughly five years ago, I remember a special on TV ( don't recall what channel) about the treasure of oak island??? Anyone remember that?
It was a part of some unexplained stories ....
Just wondering ..

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roughly five years ago, I remember a special on TV ( don't recall what channel) about the treasure of oak island??? Anyone remember that?
It was a part of some unexplained stories ....
Just wondering ..

Encounters with the Unexplained: Season 1, Episode 11
Oak Island: Mysterious Treasure on Oak Island? (17 Nov. 2000)
"Encounters with the Unexplained" Oak Island: Mysterious Treasure on Oak Island? (TV Episode 2000) - IMDb
Streams here: Treasure on Oak Island > Documentary Addict

Treasure!: Season 1, Episode 3
The Money Pit on Oak Island (18 Jan. 1998)
"Treasure!" The Money Pit on Oak Island (TV Episode 1998) - IMDb

I'm sure there are tons of others as well.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I fell asleep too. I missed the episode where they found a ship. Which one was that ?

I think the ship was found on the Goonies & then sailed away.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dan looks so much younger in this 2000 documentary! I wonder if this is before or after the freak out swim off the island?

Oak Island: Mysterious Treasure on Oak Island? (17 Nov. 2000)
Treasure on Oak Island  Documentary Addict - Google Chrome_2014-02-11_09-50-08.jpg

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're "Jonesing" for more now that the show is over then check out the one made in 2000, I enjoyed it! No commercials and hardly any repetitive recaps!

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you give us the episode I recorded all the shows too. I enjoyed most of the show.

As I mentioned above, I've recorded all the episodes too. In almost each episode there is some sort of clue or unanswered question. Off the top of my head there's three things that I've zeroed in on, and if we knew which episode we should be examining more closely, it would give us a good idea of what the major find might be.

There's one episode in which Rick notes a strange looking rock that's protruding from the shoreline at Smith's Cove. It's large and looks like a tusk of some sort. There's no other rock like it in the area and the other men with Rick all say they've never seen that rock before. Perhaps that rock has been under water in the past but with beach erosion and changing tides it's now visible at low tide. That rock needs closer examination to determine what it is and if it's native to Nova Scotia.

In that same episode, the two brothers are pumping water and debris out of 10X and into a large trash bin and then combing through the debris by hand to see if there's anything man made in the debris. Some bones are found. They could be animal bones, but there's also the possibility that they're human bones. What if it turned out that the bones are human and dating them puts their age at 400 or more years old?

One of the episodes that I found most interesting was the one in which the Norwegian man explained the mathematical equation behind Nolan's Cross and showed where rocks should be found, and then took Rick and others on a hike and found large rocks where he had indicated they should be. That led to the "Mercy Stone", which was in the swamp, and also directed attention to the swamp as a search area. I think this mathematical equation may turn out to be of major significance.

Like you, I wish we knew which episode we should be paying closer attention to.

Golden Boy1

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whatever it is you are talking about was it actually shown on tv? We can pretty much count on 1 hand the amount of things found in season 1.

1.coconut fiber
2.small bones
3.an old coin with an 8 in the middle of it.
4.Odd colored flat (maybe man made)rocks in the swamp.

Did I forget anything? Is what you are talking about one of those?

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is the tusk rock/log as Leila mentioned and also bits of metal from the catch tank.

Interesting Leila they found, perhaps, one stone he said they would find. But at mercy there was no large stone, but they did find a bunch of smaller flat stones. Could they be of Egyptian origin as the code stone was thought to be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread