What's new

Hooked up with Whydah again - hoped for gold - just got silver

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went back to a spot where we both got gold - warm weather and warming waters
has gotten the bottom growth to grow wild - I tried getting into spot where I found
antique gold ring few weeks ago - the sea grass is waist deep and area was loaded with mung
could not see the bottom or swing - so i joined Whydah near area he got some rings before
he hit shallow - I went deep - pocket watch was about 2 feet down
I ended up with tiny silver band which is so lite - I thought it was aluminum - got silver stud
which Im sure fell thru the scoop of others - it fell thru mine but with mask - saw the sparkle on the bottom and knew what I had
then i got a large silver band which a shelled creature had grown into
once again we had fun - took Whydah to a Portugese restaraunt after our hunt
and introduced him to some other treasures from the sea
good friend - good finds - good food = good hunt = good day !
DSC00264.webp DSC00262.webp
DSC00261 (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
We went back to a spot where we both got gold - warm weather and warming waters
has gotten the bottom growth to grow wild - I tried getting into spot where I found
antique gold ring few weeks ago - the sea grass is waist deep and area was loaded with mung
could not see the bottom or swing - so i joined Whydah near area he got some rings before
he hit shallow - I went deep - pocket watch was about 2 feet down
I ended up with tiny silver band which is so lite - I thought it was aluminum - got silver stud
which Im sure fell thru the scoop of others - it fell thru mine but with mask - saw the sparkle on the bottom and knew what I had
then i got a large silver band which a shelled creature had grown into
once again we had fun - took Whydah to a Portugese restaraunt after our hunt
and introduced him to some other treasures from the sea
good friend - good finds - good food = good hunt = good day !
View attachment 646666 View attachment 646668
View attachment 646667
That's quite a different looking diamond attached to that sterling ring you have there... Great hunting with you once again... I never had a dought that you wouldn't come out of the water with any rings...:) Great job especialy in that trashy, but fun area...now if we can just keep the kids from hanging on the sifter...
 
Very cool find Casper, I love those unusual finds.
Cheers Gary
 
Well done, Very nice find. I wish you luck.:find:
 
Congrats on the old silver. Having a good friend to detect with makes everything that much better.
 
Casper, that is a very interesting ring find! Really neat, unique find!

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom