How did the spring break and easter holidays fare for you Florida hunters?

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I have been following the weather and have seen more than a few days in the 80's......great beach weather.....are there a few more people getting in the water? the water is still cold I know but you know how those spring breakers are! :tongue3: I know that the beaches are still pretty sanded in on the gulf coast with a few exceptions here and there. Anything exciting to report??.....things up here at the Jersey shore have been pretty much hit or miss.....but still diggin a few....lots of small fronts around moving a little sand here and there.....HH all.....Brian

Attachments

• 07-10-07 001.jpg
    07-10-07 001.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 379
  • 09-27-07 005.jpg
    09-27-07 005.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 385
  • IMGP0515.jpg
    IMGP0515.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 335
  • IMGP0529.JPG
    IMGP0529.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 396
Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As Slim Pickins would say, "slim pickins". I'm backing off a bit to let the water catch its breath. Then I'll pounce like a gnome and collect all the goodies that the breakers have so willingly left for me. (And some for the rest of you guys)

Can you tell I'm getting bored?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are more people going in the water little by little. I've been sticking to the dry sand. The temps are going up, so it won't be too much longer. Spring Break goes for a few more weeks. It's broken up according to county school districts, private schools, colleges, etc. Last Monday I ended up with a couple bucks in change. Nothing too exciting.

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
The sprig breakers are defiantly here on the east coast of Florida. I have been seeing rings and necklaces everywhere. But every time I pass my coil over them I get a bad look and they run off. :icon_scratch:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_sunny: I have been in the water with my Pulse but find only pennies, fish hooks, sinkers and bottlecaps. Also a few pop tops and an occasional nickel. :'( :icon_scratch:

I need a bigger scoop...

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides my ACE 250 finding clad, useless bling, cheap watches and bottlecaps my wife and I used our eyeball 20/20s. We found a total of $76.00 in bills on and in the sand at Daytona Beach. I couldn't believe it. I would find a wad of bills then she would. We did this for a week.

Hate to go with the wife to Spring Break because she catches me looking at more than the sand. Oh Well.

TE

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I snagged a 14k men's wedding band at St Pete Beach and a 10k earring with what could be diamonds (want know till tested) at Tampa Municipal Beach Saturday. Starting to see a lot of people back in the water.

Both finds were made with my custom waterproofed Sov GT in waist deep water.

beachhunt33006002.jpg

Spring Break will be running about another month or so so drops should get better, then comes peak summer season, lasts till Oct at least..

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
That necklace is the exact one I have hanging on my rear view mirror.My son recieved it from his church at his conformation.I hung it there when he got it so it would not get lost.He was 7 or 8 and that was 3-4 cars ago I guess it has brought me luck thru the years.Dug at cape may on easter.Nothing but clad,It was super windy at the point on sunday.My wife was a real trooper.

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
FSS said:
I snagged a 14k men's wedding band at St Pete Beach, you did, did ya. Hmmm LOL Brian quit asking for info just get down here man. The girl fishing with no top on was asking for you, better hurry. HH

Mark
Mark.....
Glad to hear that you are diggin a little bit of gold anyway.....I'm just getting my equipment tuned up for the onslaught I will reign down on your beaches the first two weeks in May......hey is that battery pack still humming away for you ok?......hope that gulf warms up for you early this year.....HH....Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread