What's new

How do I sell my wife on this hobby?? (not the word I really want to use)

Mudd --Garage sell is great idea--if you can find one --just need to carry battries with you so you can try it out!

Or like I think it was Bridge said-- A friend --you might see if you can borrow one finds some stuff and show her!

Or really come to the LA hunt let her meet the rest of us :o
 
Sounds awful, but I lied to my wife when I bought my first machine.

Stashed some cash for a couple of months, bought a used Fisher and a used Whites (found a good deal), and told her my friend at work gave them to me to use. I know, I know, baaaaad.......

But, it's been 9 + years since then, and since she has seen everything I have been involved with since, she fully supports all of my equipment and time now.

So, maybe I'm not a good example. :-[
 
What about my two great ideas lie though teeth then buy goodies works for some of course I never tell fibs
 
Who is she married to You or her friend, also overtime cuts into detecting time. It's better than spending 25 grand on a bass boat !! I know it sounds hard, but it is just a non threatning metal detector. Last year I had a heart attack and had a chance to reevaluate. She should be able to understand this and wish you a good time, and know that the hobby you have is good fun, not to mention you get a little exercise also. Marriage is give and take and understanding. By the way have been married 37 years.
 
gametalman52 said:
Who is she married to You or her friend, also overtime cuts into detecting time. It's better than spending 25 grand on a bass boat !! I know it sounds hard, but it is just a non threatning metal detector. Last year I had a heart attack and had a chance to reevaluate. She should be able to understand this and wish you a good time, and know that the hobby you have is good fun, not to mention you get a little exercise also. Marriage is give and take and understanding. By the way have been married 37 years.
I hope your health permits you to continue to metal detect and 37 years quite a record in this day and age.
 
I'm fine, no heart damage. Wuill detect even if it is in my knees. Need to get talk this gentleman into a detector if possible. Can remember reaging comic books when I was a kid and seeing the detectors in the comics for sale. Wanted one then and was told it was stupid. Wasted time lost!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom