Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fun to watch. I do think you could edit it down quite a bit...it took 5:30 to get to the river for example.

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idk doesn't seem that long if you aren't in a rush. Another great video to watch while I drink my coffee... nice music choice too heh.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Idk doesn't seem that long if you aren't in a rush. Another great video to watch while I drink my coffee... nice music choice too heh.

Fair point. I guess I'm always in a hurry to get to the river, lol!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking "it's not the destination, it's the journey". Course, I been retired awhile...you'll get the hang of it soon Kevin. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to starting to practice that philosophy in January ;)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really enjoy your videos and your website:thumbsup:. Alot of folks just go right to the diggin without any explanation to the thought process behind it. I like that you take the time to go start to finish and you showed it ain't always pans full o' gold. This is a good video for anyone beginner or not. Looking forward to the sniping one. I also watched your summer mining video, wish that one was about an hour, love looking at pictures and video from when things were good in this state. There was a group of guys in the early to mid 90's down below an area I've spent alot of time at (BC) that used to chopper in a 6 or 8" and had a crane and winch set up like your pics. There is a rock in the middle of the river on a sharp bend about the size of a small house that they moved there. It's around 2 miles below were everyone parks. Everytime I see that rock I'm still blown away and amazed that a couple guys put that there, the 97 flood didn't budge it. That wouldn't happen to be you guys was it?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good point about the actual teaching/explaining Fowledup, I agree...really good stuff :)

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you don't mind me posting one of your other videos but I had to just cause it's cool!

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant agree more, I miss being able to set up and work a section of the river for the summer. Now I have to sneak in with a 2" dredge. You work hard for years and pay there unfair taxes, and then if you want to enjoy the hills on the weekend - your the criminal. I'm flattered that you posted the video! I want to thank everyone for all the great feed back.
In the early to mid 90's we were on the middle fork of the Yuba river.

JLGD

May 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got into prospecting this year and have been looking for a good video on crevicing. I'm glad I found this; without question the best video on the subject out there. I would only want to see more video on the location where you got most of your gold to go along with your description of why its a prime gold catching location. Maybe more on your process in finding these gold catching areas (river hydraulics).

I've enjoyed reading your blog as well...lot of good info for the beginner like me.

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JLGD;

I have plans to do a "how to read the river" video. I am just finishing some fishing videos on the coast. When I get home, and if the weather holds I will get to work on it in a week or so.

I love your quote from Thomas Jefferson

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What area are you fishing on the coast Gary? It's been a good season for bottom fish here on the north coast out of Crescent City.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread