What's new

How to show a live snake a real good time!

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really happened today. Since I've been on a tear lately trying to downsize and since my doctor said I shouldn't really use the brand new canoe I just got, I decided to take it back to the store since the stickers hadn't even been removed. I drove the truck up to the canoe, put a towel on the hood of the truck and moved the canoe a foot or so and lifted it up to keep any unwanted visitors hiding under it from staying around and giving them the motivation to leave. It only sat there 48 hours.

I got the thing on top of the truck without too much of a problem and tied it down. Sure enough this one little tan slug fell out and I knocked it off the truck's hood and put it back in the grass.

So now I'm off for the 21 mile trip to the store.

About 5 miles into the trip I see this dark "stick" about 12 long drop out of the canoe on the windshield and then onto the road. My mind says - wait idiot - that ain't no STICK. I slow down and glance back and the 12" or so long "stick" is high tailing it off the road. It was a small snake of some sort, long and narrow.

It's going to have to make a whole set of new friends now. What a way to start the day. 100% true. Only me.
 
that is funny the snake has no idea what happened
 
a good time ? i bet that snake has a excedrin headache, poor little guy. i hope you were'nt going to fast ? you better go back and see if he needs some aspirin.
 
a good time ? i bet that snake has a excedrin headache, poor little guy. i hope you were'nt going to fast ? you better go back and see if he needs some aspirin.

i gave a snake some lead instead of a aspirin
 
I was going about 35.
 
After you took the Canoe back did you buy more UNDIES LOL???
 
No, the windows were rolled up. Or as they say down home I ain't afraid of no snake!
 
Imagine if someone was walking, jogging or bicycling on the side of the road, and a snake suddenly flew at them out of thin air :laughing7::laughing7:
 
It might have been even more exciting had you kept the canoe and your new friend waited until after you launched it to introduce himself.
 
I hope there were no more left in it when it got back to the store. (Actually I looked for more.) "Snake in aisle 4".
 
Smokey, Did your doc make any distinction between using a canoe vs a kayak? Both have (aging back) issues with lifting on & off vehicles, but the paddling positions are different. Having paddled canoes from the 1960's thru 1990's and kayaks from the 80's until now, I transitioned to using only kayaks. I find them more comfortable to paddle and much faster, although there is a huge variance. Many models have dry storage forward and aft and some metal detectors can be broken down to fit inside behind sealed bulkheads and hatches if you paddle to hunting spots.
 
Smokey, my wise ole granddad told me never forget the 3 kinds of snakes. A live one , a dead one and a stick that looks like one. I'm always packing. 20180624_095058.webp
 
Smokey, my wise ole granddad told me never forget the 3 kinds of snakes. A live one , a dead one and a stick that looks like one. I'm always packing.View attachment 1606108

i can relate there some times a stick can look like one and those skinks we have around here there look like a snake with legs they can scare you to death if you don't look close enough at them i may have accidentally killed a few
 
Smokey, my wise ole granddad told me never forget the 3 kinds of snakes. A live one , a dead one and a stick that looks like one. I'm always packing.View attachment 1606108

Hard to return a canoe for refund with multiple extra drain holes in it...:laughing7:

Dad trusts no snake. I just tolerate most.
Mushroom hunting as a kid my posture was cringed even at a distance , waiting to hear that .44 Mag. bark...Never did though hunting shrooms.
Being spring was our hunting time , us kids found snakes. Didn't invite Dad for peeks though!
 
I was going about 35.
only 35 then he should'nt have to bad a headache. unless you have one of those nice ridin cars that it feels like you doin 35 but you're really doin a 100
 
You guys are really sad. Snakes are harmless little critters. No need to fear them. Here's a couple of garter snakes I spotted this week. One of them appears to be pregnant. Getting ready to have a few dozen babies. How adorable is that? LOL!


DSC08971.webp DSC08927.webp
 
a good snake is a dead snake too me and i did kill a copper head last night with the shovel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom