What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Picked up three boxes of halves on my lunch break today + $27.50 in loose halves. Scored one 40%er from the loose halves: 1969D.

The boxes will be searched tonight.
 
This week has been a tough one. Only two of my pick-up banks had my half orders come in; most common excuse for those that didn't: "We forgot to order them."

Thanks :angry4:

The three boxes from the other day were skunks.

Picked up a box of halves, a box of quarters, and two boxes of dimes yesterday. The halves, quarters, and one of the boxes of dimes were all skunks.

The other box of dimes gave up three Roosies:

1946
1954
1960D
 
Picked up three boxes of halves today, managed to snag four keepers between them:

1964 x 2
1967
1969D

8-)
 
Picked up a box of dimes and a boxes of halves today on my lunch break. Skunked on the dimes.

The box of halves gave up three keepers though:

1964
1966
1970S

Killin' it 8-)
 
Picked up a box of dimes and a boxes of halves today on my lunch break. Skunked on the dimes.

The box of halves gave up three keepers though:

1964
1966
1970S

Killin' it 8-)

Awesome job on the '70S. I found my fifth '70D this past Friday, but I still haven't found a '70S. I love finding any silver, but it's even better when it is low mintage silver.
 
Awesome job on the '70S. I found my fifth '70D this past Friday, but I still haven't found a '70S. I love finding any silver, but it's even better when it is low mintage silver.

yeah, sweet catch on the 70-s!

Thanks, guys! I almost didn't catch it as there were two other proofs in that roll, a 1971S and a 1972S. All three were clumped together too, and the edge of the 70S was quite red. When I looked at the obverse and read the date I was like a deer in headlights almost, took a few moments to register as a 40%er in my brain. I guess because the edge was more reddish and I've found so many other CuNi clad proofs in the last week or so.
 
Picked up a box of dimes and a box of halves + $40 in CWR of halves + $12.50 in loose halves yesterday on my lunch break.

The box of halves, the loose halves, and three of the CWR of halves were skunks.

But the fourth roll, it somehow seemed heavier than the other three. When I opened one end there was a bright white reverse ender. :headbang:

That roll gave up six keepers:

1964
1966
1967 (the reverse ender)
1968D x 2
1969D

And then the box of dimes gave up two Roosies:

1962D
1963

I'm hoping I can stretch this luck out for as long as possible.

8-) 8-) 8-)
 
Last edited:
You've been on a roll! I did 2 half dollar boxes yesterday which were both skunks. Glad to see others are getting a piece of the action. :-)
 
CWRs of halves are the holy grail IMHO. Way to go!
 
Picked up a box of dimes last night, found one Roosie: 1964.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves today, snagged four 40%ers between them:

1967 x 2
1968D
1969D
 
Total silver found in 2012: 34.85 ozt.
Silver found so far in 2013: 66.67 ozt.

Only 3.02 ozt away from my goal of doubling my 2012 total. 8-)

Well, last night I tallied up my finds from the last two weeks and entered them into my spreadsheet.

I'm up to 72.90 ozt of silver found this year. Surpassing my goal of 69.69 ozt (doubling of 2012's total) by 3.21 ozt!

:headbang: 8-) :hello2:

I'm going to try to make it to 80 ozt before the year is out. Fingers crossed.
 
Snagged a war nickel out of $12 in MWR of nickels today on my lunch break: 1942P.
 
Picked up a roll of nickels on my lunch break, skunked. Dumped them and found three keepers in the reject tray:

1964 Washington x 2
1963D Roosie

Ticket read: $2.88.

Nice!
 
Picked up a roll of nickels on my lunch break, skunked. Dumped them and found a keeper in the reject tray: 1964D Washington.

Ticket read: $2.66.

8-)
 
Nice! Keep hitting that coin machine, even if you don't have much to dump.
 
Picked up a roll of nickels on my lunch break, skunked. Dumped them and found a keeper in the reject tray: 1964 Roosie.

Ticket read: $3.32.

8-)
 
Picked up four boxes of halves over the weekend, three of them were skunks. After getting skunked on the first three boxes Saturday afternoon, I wasn't much for searching the fourth box. I let it linger until late last night, and it gave up two keepers:

1965
2011S SILVER PROOF!!! 8-)

Both keepers were in the same roll, and compared to the rest of the coins in that roll the edge of the silver proof looked like it was a mile long. It was a thing of beauty. Haha.

I'm going to upload a pic of it tonight.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom