What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Picked up $30 in CWR of halves today + $50 in MWR of quarters + one CWR of nickels, skunked on everything.

Dumped everything into the coin machine, found two keepers in the reject tray:

1957D Washington
1963D Roosie
 
So far this year I've found 64.89 ozt.

Last year I found a total of 34.84 ozt.

Only 4.79 ozt to go until I reach my goal of doubling last year's total.

8-)


Hey MM, nice! I see you're still doing great with the reject tray finds:), that is really cool you're about to beats last yrs finds by double! Good luck! HH, Maverick.
 
Picked up $30 in CWR of halves today + $50 in MWR of quarters + one CWR of nickels, skunked on everything.

Dumped everything into the coin machine, found two keepers in the reject tray:

1957D Washington
1963D Roosie

This is more than I've ever found in a reject tray, great job! Everyone in my area darn near turns the machines over looking for rejects or dropped coins.
HH!
BRChiver
 
Picked up a roll of nickels on my lunch break, skunked.

Dumped them into the coin machine, found a 1964 Washington in the reject tray.

Printed my ticket and it read: $3.57.

Little bit of silver + $1.57 for free.

8-)
 
Picked up $2.50 in loose halves on my lunch break today, found two 40%ers:

1966
1969D
 
Picked up $1.50 in loose halves today on my lunch break. Skunked.

Dumped them and heard something clanging around in the machine. Picked up the metal hopper thing to see what was in there, it was an Ike. Grabbed the Ike out of the machine and checked the magnet as I usually do, found seven steelies stuck to it.

Since starting hunting in March of 2012, I've found 42 steelies total from the coin machines.
 
Steel Cents?

I have never got that from the magnet - but I have MANY foreign, mostly Canadian.

Thanks for the update!
 
Skunked on two boxes of halves over the weekend. Dumped them today and found a keeper in the reject tray: 1961D Roosie.
 
is this machine at a bank that you dump at?
 
Yeah, I dump into the coin machines at several different branches of the same bank.
 
I wish just 1 of the many different banks in the area had machines that I could use, do you think we can ask for them to provide them to us customers?
 
I wish just 1 of the many different banks in the area had machines that I could use, do you think we can ask for them to provide them to us customers?

Wouldn't hurt to try. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
 
Picked up a box of halves today, it gave up one 40%er: 1967.
 
Picked up a box of halves and a box of dimes yesterday. Skunked on the halves.

Dimes gave up one Roosie: 1964.

For the two months, boxes of both halves and dimes have been real slim pickings for me.
 
Picked up a CWR of halves + $1 in loose halves. Snagged a 90% Ken from the loose, skunked on the roll.
 
Picked up a box of dimes after work today, skunked. But, I was able to score a 1957D silver Washington out of the teller's tray as I was picking up the dimes! 8-)

That was my 35th silver Washington found since I started coin roll hunting in March of 2012. 36th silver quarter total, as I had found a dateless Standing Liberty in a reject tray at the beginning of the year. Almost at a full roll of quarters!

Total silver found in 2012: 34.85 ozt.
Silver found so far in 2013: 66.67 ozt.

Only 3.02 ozt away from my goal of doubling my 2012 total. 8-)
 
I hope you can find at least 5 more silver quarters, then you would have found an entire roll of silvers!
Picked up a box of dimes after work today, skunked. But, I was able to score a 1957D silver Washington out of the teller's tray as I was picking up the dimes! 8-)

That was my 35th silver Washington found since I started coin roll hunting in March of 2012. 36th silver quarter total, as I had found a dateless Standing Liberty in a reject tray at the beginning of the year. Almost at a full roll of quarters!

Total silver found in 2012: 34.85 ozt.
Silver found so far in 2013: 66.67 ozt.

Only 3.02 ozt away from my goal of doubling my 2012 total. 8-)
 
Picked up three boxes of halves today on my lunch break, they gave up four keepers between them:

1961 Ben
1967
1968D
1969D
 
Picked up a box of halves today, it gave up eight keepers:

1964
1965
1967 x 3
1968D x 2
1969D

Not a bad week at all 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom