What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Hey MM, very cool! I love finding a modern Silver! HH, Maverick.
 
Very cool, congratulations!
 
Here's that 2011S silver proof, sorry the obverse is blurry:

obverse.webpreverse.webp
 
Picked up two boxes of halves on my lunch break today, snagged six keepers between them:

1964
1966
1968D x 4

8-)
 
How many silver proofs have you found? That's in really nice shape (except at 10 o'clock, looks like it got smashed? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?)

I've only found one, my very first score, a 1968-S from a teller tray last year.

- DS

This is my first silver proof half, I found a 2003S silver proof dime earlier in the year though.

Yeah, the rim is slightly damaged.
 
I've found a 2002-s Silver proof before, Theyre cool! and expensive to buy haha
 
This is my first silver proof half, I found a 2003S silver proof dime earlier in the year though.

Yeah, the rim is slightly damaged.

I lied, the 2011S proof was my second silver proof half. I found a 1970S proof like two or three weeks back.
 
I lied, the 2011S proof was my second silver proof half. I found a 1970S proof like two or three weeks back.

How dare you lie like that! :)

Haha, that's cool. A 1970-D or S is on my bucket list of coins to find (even though I have 2 Ds and one S already).

- DS
 
Picked up two boxes of halves over the weekend, found two 40%ers between them:

1967
1969D
 
Went out on my lunch break today with just $2 in quarters. Didn't have much time but I wanted to see if I could work this one particular coin machine for some silver or an overage.

I saw that the chute leading to the reject tray was blocked by one of the bags inside the coin machine. I was able to clear the bag from in front of the chute and out came pouring a bunch of rejects.

Didn't find any silver amongst the rejects, but I ran it all through the machine again and printed my ticket: $11.78! That gave me +$9.78! More than paid for my lunch.

8-)
 
I haven't had much time the last week or two to hunt or anything. Worked the coin machines a little here and there, but didn't find much in the way of silver. Did alright with the overages though.

Anyway, here are my year-end totals:

Total silver found in 2013: 75.55 ozt.
Amount of silver found in reject trays: 9.41 ozt.

Total cost of silver found in 2013: $154.00.
DCA for 2013: $2.03/ozt.

Highlights:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/341841-awesome-box-halves.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/342054-awesome-box-halves-part-2-a.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/372930-my-first-solid-roll.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coins/372566-1828-classic-head-half-cent.html

Good luck in 2014, everyone!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom