What's new

Hurricaine Beach Hunting Kit

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spare batteries, head light, rain suit, detectors, scoops, "vary large" finds pouch :laughing7:,.......anyone care to add to the list?
 
Upvote 0
I'm excited also..... but the last storm Debby flooded roads and the traffic was stopped to alot of beach areas so I am expecting the same. I was already planning to hit the beach on Monday~ Labor Day in the afternoon, so we shall see what Issac does??? Even if they close the roads.... the goodies will still be there when the roads are opened! Good Luck to you!!
 
Personally, I don't think it's going to impact my area of the East Coast too much, but I think the folks further south and on the Gulf side will see some sand movement and a bit of erosion. I'm rather hoping the storm behind it will move this way?
 
Any storm is a good storm. Doesn't hurt to pack in some drinking water too. A waterproof camera is also a plus.
 
I just finished my "Issac" shopping today (I think). I did not want to wait until the last minute and everything gone. Canned goods, water, batteries ~ didn't think of the waterproof camera though..... So now it's wait and see what path Issac is going to take...... It figure's this will happen since my husband took our generator to Wyoming~ Good grief I hope we don't lose our electric. Just the fat beagle and myself holding down our fort. :hourglass:
 
Don't tell us that people panic buy just before a storm? <lol>

M
 
I just finished my "Issac" shopping today (I think). I did not want to wait until the last minute and everything gone. Canned goods, water, batteries ~ didn't think of the waterproof camera though..... So now it's wait and see what path Issac is going to take...... It figure's this will happen since my husband took our generator to Wyoming~ Good grief I hope we don't lose our electric. Just the fat beagle and myself holding down our fort. :hourglass:

Hmmmmm.......Would a St. Barnard with a barrel of rum dangling from his neck qualify as a hurricane supply? :laughing7:
 
Well Bigscoop, being here in Florida, the poor St.Benard would be to hot and roast.... poor woo-woo. And I can't do rum anymore :(..... so let's say that we settle for pod of dolphins pulling in a raft, loaded with coolers of ice and beer, right to the shore for us Treasure Hunters after the storm? Sounds good huh? Hurricane Relief..... Oh, by the way.... I saw that I was spelling Isaac wrong..... oops.....
 
hope it churns up some goodies for us all!
 
Are you prepared for the storm Debby?
 
Panic shopping....hmm, where have I heard about that before? Oh, right, New England in the winter just before snow (doesn't matter the amount expected)! LOL

Good luck on your hunt, please be careful and find really, really nice things!

Anita
 
Well Bigscoop, being here in Florida, the poor St.Benard would be to hot and roast.... poor woo-woo. And I can't do rum anymore :(..... so let's say that we settle for pod of dolphins pulling in a raft, loaded with coolers of ice and beer, right to the shore for us Treasure Hunters after the storm? Sounds good huh? Hurricane Relief..... Oh, by the way.... I saw that I was spelling Isaac wrong..... oops.....

I can live with the dolphins......:laughing7:......but since we're dreaming.....I'm gonna have to go with mermaids. :headbang:
 
i hope no one is thinking of using a rope and tying themselves to a tree on the beach so that they are the first ones there! that would be crazy......you need to use a self-ratcheting tie-down!!!!!!
 
Here's the plan. Follow it carefully.......
 

Attachments

  • image-103819874.webp
    image-103819874.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 113
IMG_0465.webp

This is what I found the last time I was able to hit the beach after a Hurricane. Good luck.
 
Everyone be safe,,& HH:hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom