HURRY! 1943 Copper cent for sale on CraigsList!!!

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I literally spit out my coffee when I read this: 1943 wheat penny :laughing7:

"i was walking down the street the other day and i happened across a 1943 wheat penny. i checked online and it says its worth money.. im not really sure that i believe that some stupid copper wheat penny from 1943 is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars but hey if thats what they say, then im going to at least try to sell it and get some money. Im asking 10,000.00 for it. it said in poor condition the thing is worth over 50k. Something about some type of error that year in the mint and they are extremely rare? i dont know. I also have a couple other wheat pennies at home one from 1953, 1957, and 1958 which i think are worth around .20 each. so if someone wants to buy them or just the "rare" one from 1943 shoot me an email. ill be happy to send pics. thanks."

Man, this guy really knows how to draw in those customers. I know I shouldn't buy, but I feel so compelled. :laughing7: " im not really sure that i believe that some stupid copper wheat penny from 1943 is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars but hey if thats what they say, then im going to at least try to sell it and get some money."

WVARelics

Jun 21, 2012
Winchester, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll buy the other 3 at 20 cents each... NOT!
I asked the guy for pictures...wonder what website he will pull them from?

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's on CraigsList it has to be legit, right? Everyone knows the only place you are ever going to find a 1943 copper in laying on the street.

Rascal

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah wouldn't it be nice we all found 1943 copper cents just 'laying on the sidewalk'. hence why I don't like to buy from Craigslist or Ebay. Just too much fraud now in days.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
What's unusual about that? I find '43 copper cents all the time. I find so many of them I used to just skip them across the river like rocks but now I don't even bother to pick them up any more. I did however once find 3 or 4 that were made out of solid gold. I don't know what they're worth but if someone here wanted to give me, say, $100,000 for one of them I think that'd be fair. Hit me up on a PM.

I also have two '64 Peace dollars, one in the standard Silver and a second example made out of uranium, a 1914 V nickel (way rarer than the common 1913 version) graded PF71, I have a '59 Kennedy Half, an 1805 Dollar, and the 2nd, lesser known 1849 Double Eagle. They're all for sale.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's unusual about that? I find '43 copper cents all the time. I find so many of them I used to just skip them across the river like rocks but now I don't even bother to pick them up any more. I did however once find 3 or 4 that were made out of solid gold. I don't know what they're worth but if someone here wanted to give me, say, $100,000 for one of them I think that'd be fair. Hit me up on a PM.

I also have two '64 Peace dollars, one in the standard Silver and a second example made out of uranium, a 1914 V nickel (way rarer than the common 1913 version) graded PF71, I have a '59 Kennedy Half, an 1805 Dollar, and the 2nd, lesser known 1849 Double Eagle. They're all for sale.

Twitch youre gonna get in trouble for selling w/out a CM lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh man, just gotta have that '43 Copper. After all, once I found the Beale treasure (don't tell anyone), I can swap him some of the gold from that. That wheat would be far nicer!

OP
OP
RamsesII

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other

Hahaha. :laughing7: He's probably one of THE most honest (dumbest) sellers on CL. I love how HE'S not even sure if it's worth $10,000, but yet he's willing to give it a shot. It's like saying, "I found a rock that I think is a diamond but am not sure. But if you're willing to pay me $50,000, I'll sell it to you as a diamond."

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Twitch youre gonna get in trouble for selling w/out a CM lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I can't get in trouble for selling because at only $100K each I'm basically giving them away!!!!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shoot i have George Washington sitting here drinking whiskey with me

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
PM me! :tongue3:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

You got to PM him yourself. Too bad I already PMed him before he had a chance to see your (now insignificant) post. They coins are all mine. I contacted the guy who listed the ad as well (he turned out to be accord of all people), and let's just say I sealed the deal. pleasa doin business withya homies

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 of them CRHing this year alone, one still has some mint luster the other is a nice Chocolate brown.
Last year I found one that was mistakenly produced on a GOLD planchet.

Only trouble is, the all seem to stick to a magnet????
Must be a unique property of the Cu (and Au) penny/cent mint errors from 1943, what a coincidence!?!

Since I have so many, I'll put mine up on CL for $75K for the Cu, but that Au one has got to go for Half a Mill. at least. The last time I even heard about a Gold 1943 was back in '74 when I was in New York and a nice fellow offered to sell one of those bridges.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread