I did NOT find this

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 0DB0D283-DADC-4100-9E46-4184C8D1C568.jpeg
    0DB0D283-DADC-4100-9E46-4184C8D1C568.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 3BBE8CBF-9012-4137-98C3-D059C8667272.jpeg
    3BBE8CBF-9012-4137-98C3-D059C8667272.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 57
For those of you who don’t know, it’s a US silver dollar, probably sounded like a sewer cover

After I clean up from my vomit attack, I dug another Massachusetts militia button and some other ****, I think I have PTSD

Attachments

• 49A30EDF-0CF2-4CF0-8C80-2DB5F8D9D84A.jpeg
    49A30EDF-0CF2-4CF0-8C80-2DB5F8D9D84A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Joe-Dirt, thanks for posting, it is an amazing coin and one I have never seen posted before. I know the feeling of wanting to curl up into a ball after seeing an amazing coin pulled from the dirt by a friend you are detecting with. I was on a new permission with a friend and we were aimlessly crossing the field looking for a hot spot when he hollers from about 5 feet away that he has a good signal. A few minutes later he pulls out a 1400s hammered gold coin in near mint condition. All I could do was smile and congratulate him though inside I was wishing it was me that had found it. I did end up pulling some great coins and relics from the field over the next couple of days though none of them came anywhere near the gold coin he had found. Good luck with your hunts, I hope you find your early American silver dollar one of these days soon. Walt

Last edited:
A fabulous coin, for sure. Thank you for letting us see it. I’m willing to bet you’ll pull something outstanding, from that site.

I kind of hope I never dig a coin like that, as I think I would die of a heart attack on the spot.

Wow!!! That’s Pretty Awesome!!!! Super Find!!! I’d definitely be in to hunt that spot :)

Dude, I would've had the same reaction! Holy WOW what a coin! I'd say tell him grats but you'd probably just as soon throw up again.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Awesome coin. Thanks for sharing.
Your day wasn't too bad itself. Congrats!

Holy crap!

I’d gladly have dug and owned every Banner Find on Tnet in the 7 years I’ve been here....
And trade every last one of them, in a heartbeat, for the thrill to pull that girl out of the ground.

Wow what a fantastic coin find. It's in excellent shape and a dream for many of us. I'm sure we all get the feeling who wish it was "I" who found something like that versus your digging buddy but I bet they say the same thing about us at times. :tongue3:

At least it wasnt a site youve pounded then invited Him to hunt it.lol Then He pulls that out the first hour in

Damn...that thing is gorgeous. Don't see many
$10,000+ coins! :occasion14:

OMG if I dug that I'd fill my pants with enough logs to build a log cabin

That’s the kind of coin that inspires you to dig just one more hole, or swing til one more sweet hightone hits, you never know what will pop out!

What a beautiful coin, congrats to your friend! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back