What's new

I find it charming (Updated)

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
But haven't a clue what it is. Found this last month.


I want to send out a HUGE thank-you to DrGrip...thanks for your guidance, I so appreciate you!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0050.webp
    DSCF0050.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCF0053.webp
    DSCF0053.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCF0052.webp
    DSCF0052.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 562
  • DSCF0059.webp
    DSCF0059.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 551
Re: I find it charming

I'm sure I'll find it charming as well...

Do you have a bigger pic Vibes?

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Re: I find it charming

plehbah said:
I agree.

I nominate it the official TreasureNet enigma.

Is there a "banner" for that???? ???
traderoftreasures said:
yes more pictures please. and larger ifn yuns can

I just got a new camera and I can't seem to get the sizing right...as soon as I can figure it out I'll post a few proper photos!

texastee2007 said:

Yep the other piece is a rosary..but I'm referring to the other thang:)
 
Upvote 0
Re: I find it charming

When you figuire out how to make things bigger with that camera let me know lol


Slipperyjack47
 
Upvote 0
Re: I find it charming

Go into the menu setting in you camera and scroll around until you find the image size. Select the 640x 480 At least that is what works for us. Cheers
 
Upvote 0
Re: I find it charming

I tried to resize it but it gets blurry. I never heard of a camera that takes such small pics. Its an enigma. Take 4H's advice.
 

Attachments

  • tokn.webp
    tokn.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 610
Upvote 0
Re: I find it charming

Yeah that's a really Small pic that camera takes :D

Take a few pics outside in day light (both sides of the object). Based BCH pic it looks like there are some leather attachment hooks. Buckle maybe ???
 
Upvote 0
well thank you ma'am... I didn't do much.

That is an interesting piece. It looks like someone took a nugget (or copy of a nugget) and made it into something to wear.

I think it is a bit too small for a buckle, but at the same time a bit strange for a brooch or charm with the "hooks" on the back.

I'm lost, but glad you got the cam figured out...

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Just thought of something, perhaps it was a cloak hook.

Can you see a place on there where ANOTHER hook may have been? One for the other side of the belt or adornment?

Grip
 
Upvote 0
Doc, I've taken a magnifying glass to the piece..and what cha see, is what cha get.

(stroking chin and thinking, do I even dare throw this out there?? What the heck) Could it be a fur trade item?
 
Upvote 0
Much better pics :icon_thumright: Are you sure those are attachment hooks? Could they have been formed from the way the piece was melted?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Much better pics :icon_thumright: Are you sure those are attachment hooks? Could they have been formed from the way the piece was melted?

Nope they are deliberate. Do you need more pics???
 
Upvote 0
Well the rest of the piece looks rather random. The hooks don't appear to be same size nor do they appear to be good attachment hooks for leather :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
traderoftreasures said:
looks like a silver glob

yes, it does. But why the clasps on the back?
I would say melted blob of aluminum but the color looks like gold or brass. Can you identify the metal? Is the "gold like" color we see on our screens correct or is it "silver like"?

More interesting is the relic to the left. Is that a ring or suspender buckle?
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
IronSpike said:
Much better pics :icon_thumright: Are you sure those are attachment hooks? Could they have been formed from the way the piece was melted?

Nope they are deliberate. Do you need more pics???
Bite off a piece of melted caramel and thats what it would look like.
 
Upvote 0
as a wise one once said, put a little bleach on a little spot if it turns black, its silver. someone may have melted a broken piece of jewelry so as to save it for sentimental reasons (whatever that means)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom