What's new

I find it charming (Updated)

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
But haven't a clue what it is. Found this last month.


I want to send out a HUGE thank-you to DrGrip...thanks for your guidance, I so appreciate you!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0050.webp
    DSCF0050.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCF0053.webp
    DSCF0053.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCF0052.webp
    DSCF0052.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 562
  • DSCF0059.webp
    DSCF0059.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 551
Maybe a nugget pendant?

goldpendant.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Maybe a nugget pendant?

goldpendant.jpg


DCMatt

nice thinking out of the box, so you think it broke its loop & bent over??
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
DCMatt said:
Maybe a nugget pendant?

goldpendant.jpg


DCMatt

nice thinking out of the box, so you think it broke its loop & bent over??

No. More like the chain attachment was poorly conceived and/or executed. Those little nubs just didn't do the job of holding on to the loop or the chain.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I dont understand who would wear a pendant of a melted aluminum blob.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont understand who would wear a pendant of a melted aluminum blob.

If it is aluminum it could have been fashioned by a detectorist who didn't test the metal ;D
 
Upvote 0
No I haven't tested it, yet. Will do that tonight and share additional photos.

BCH: perhaps it wasn't always a "blob?"
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
BCH: perhaps it wasn't always a "blob?"
;D I was responding to the idea of it being a nugget pendant. The only thing I can think of would be that the tabs were bent over to go into leather but I dont understand how a brass piece can get hot enough to melt completely except for 2 little tabs. I agree with Jim and others that they are just coincidental and it does no good for me to keep repeating it. So I wont say any more about that. We will never know what this is because its melted completely beyond recognition. About all you can do is test for silver to see if it has any value. If its aluminum just throw it away or in the junk box. Just my opinion. This very much reminds me of this post. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,247275.0.html

I dont know what the other items are. The arrow may be from a locking device.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont understand who would wear a pendant of a melted aluminum blob.

Well.... what if its part of the space shuttle? Or a fragment of one of the 9/11 airliners? Or volcanic spew from the 1980 eruption of Mount Saint Helens? Did you know Napoleon invested heavily in aluminum? Maybe its some of the change we got back from France during the Louisiana Purchase (because we didn't have any small bills at the time)? Didja ever think of that? It could be an important part of history and YOU just want to throw it in the junk box. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
I'd have it tested, (said by others). I just like the fact that you have three unidentifiable items. Usually it's just one, and it's I'd quickly. You're having the weasels ;D working overtime this week. I have no clue for any of them, none what so ever. Gonna drive ya nuts ain't it?!
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I dont understand who would wear a pendant of a melted aluminum blob.

Well.... what if its part of the space shuttle? Or a fragment of one of the 9/11 airliners? Or volcanic spew from the 1980 eruption of Mount Saint Helens? Did you know Napoleon invested heavily in aluminum? Maybe its some of the change we got back from France during the Louisiana Purchase (because we didn't have any small bills at the time)? Didja ever think of that? It could be an important part of history and YOU just want to throw it in the junk box. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

DCMatt
I tried to scrap out a jet airliner once and the metal guy told me its a different alloy of aluminum and he wouldnt pay top price. Maybe there is a way of testing to see if its aircraft alloy but its more likely to be common canslaw imo. The "tabs" do not appear to be added on later. They appear to be part of the melted blob. Whatever it is its completely unrecognizable.
 

Attachments

  • camp fire.webp
    camp fire.webp
    3.2 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Aluminum Canslaw Blob Pendant Solved (most likely scenario)
 

Attachments

  • equals.webp
    equals.webp
    658 bytes · Views: 215
  • camp-fire-kids-.webp
    camp-fire-kids-.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 218
  • plus.webp
    plus.webp
    712 bytes · Views: 200
  • Dead_Beer_Can_.webp
    Dead_Beer_Can_.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0053[1].webp
    DSCF0053[1].webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom