What's new

I find it charming (Updated)

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
But haven't a clue what it is. Found this last month.


I want to send out a HUGE thank-you to DrGrip...thanks for your guidance, I so appreciate you!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0050.webp
    DSCF0050.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 555
  • DSCF0053.webp
    DSCF0053.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCF0052.webp
    DSCF0052.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 562
  • DSCF0059.webp
    DSCF0059.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 551
traderoftreasures said:
as a wise one once said, put a little bleach on a little spot if it turns black,
I heard that too on the other thread but the test didnt work.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know what it is but I see a horse.
Seahorse maybe but really mutated.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
vibes said:
traderoftreasures said:
looks like a silver glob

yes, it does. But why the clasps on the back?
I would say melted blob of aluminum but the color looks like gold or brass. Can you identify the metal? Is the "gold like" color we see on our screens correct or is it "silver like"?

More interesting is the relic to the left. Is that a ring or suspender buckle?

I have no idea what that piece is BCH...there's writing on the inside and from what I can make out it sez: INDIA(then it trails off)..so makes sense since I'm in Indiana.

The other item looks like aluminum but it's not a flexible metal. As soon as I can I'll give it a test.
 
Upvote 0
Vibes, Where abouts on the piece do you see writting?

BCH, I can see the ring suggestion on the first piece.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0053[1].webp
    DSCF0053[1].webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Vibes, Where abouts on the piece do you see writting?

BCH, I can see the ring suggestion on the first piece.

Inside the brass piece, not the charm.

Before I forget, the silver item looks like a heart to me...and was it something that was worn on a piece of clothing?
I have pics of the writing at home, so I'll share those later tonight.
 
Upvote 0
You're right reading again I see that it's the brass item you were referring to. I would guess ring made in India.

As for the heart shaped piece maybe the hooks were attached later and the way they're rounded/bent could have functioned as a pendent/necklace.
 
Upvote 0
I believe what you have is a melted blob of aluminum, nothing more.

The other objects to lthe left are more interesting.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
here's pic of the backside:

it's wayy too big to be a ring.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0055.webp
    DSCF0055.webp
    21 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCF0057.webp
    DSCF0057.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCF0060.webp
    DSCF0060.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF0055.webp
    DSCF0055.webp
    21 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCF0057.webp
    DSCF0057.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 397
  • DSCF0060.webp
    DSCF0060.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Napkin ring?

Sure, why not?! It was found last Saturday in a park. probably 'bout 5-6" deep. 10' from a mature tree...one of the oldest neighborhoods in my city. I wore red that day.
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Slag.

The things you think are clasps are coincidental.

Nope, NOT coincidental...my husband is pipefitter/welder so I asked him to look at it and tell me if it was just melted metal chit, NO... and the clasps aren't some metal anomaly.
Those clasps are there for a reason. Not just a piece of slag.
I'm not *that* green.
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
Montana Jim said:
Slag.

The things you think are clasps are coincidental.

Nope, NOT coincidental...my husband is pipefitter/welder so I asked him to look at it and tell me if it was just melted metal chit, NO... and the clasps aren't some metal anomaly.
Those clasps are there for a reason. Not just a piece of slag.
I'm not *that* green.
They appear coincidental in the pics. If they really are clips or clamps, the rest of the item is melted beyond recognition, so it doesnt matter. Have it tested to see if its silver is about all you can do IMO.
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
Montana Jim said:
Slag.

The things you think are clasps are coincidental.

Nope, NOT coincidental...my husband is pipefitter/welder so I asked him to look at it and tell me if it was just melted metal chit, NO... and the clasps aren't some metal anomaly.
Those clasps are there for a reason. Not just a piece of slag.
I'm not *that* green.

Well then - there you go.
 
Upvote 0
Can you take some close up/different views of the charm? Did you test the metal?
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
Montana Jim said:
Slag.

The things you think are clasps are coincidental.

Nope, NOT coincidental...my husband is pipefitter/welder so I asked him to look at it and tell me if it was just melted metal chit, NO... and the clasps aren't some metal anomaly.
Those clasps are there for a reason. Not just a piece of slag.
I'm not *that* green.

I agree with Jim, maybe the picture doesn't do it justice.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom