What's new

I found a couple

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out Tuesday and found a couple nice ones. One I believe is a Cotaco Creek (stemmed) and the other well I think its a fancy spike but not sure. The small one is the same type as the bigger black one by the base but has been sharpened to a nub. If Im wrong on the I.D. feel free to correct me. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10057.webp
    SDC10057.webp
    283.2 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC10054.webp
    SDC10054.webp
    279.1 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC10052.webp
    SDC10052.webp
    330.4 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
That's a good day! Nice finds!
 
What do you think about morrow that was my first knee jerk guess. You are finding where all those flakes came from it looks like! Nice ones. I have seen and found those little ones from Mississippi to late archaic sites. What is your site multi?
 
Could be MM not really sure. But yes it a multi of many years and ages. It looked tan in the water after it dried that is how it looked. Thought I had lost the tan one.
 
I swear I could dig around and almost match your pieces with some more from my area. That black chert (3rd pic) is of good quality. You will see some great work on it sometimes. You can see on the first one where they were thinking about that rind or stack and just let it be. They tackled it but left it alone and used it as is.
I like your finds!
 
Is the black one a spike?
 
You mean as in type? We have the bradley spike and I think the Tn river spike (that may not be a real type) I can show you a bradley spike and I saw E Tn Joe post one also. Want a pic?
 
Sure mine is worked on both sides like a point
 
Bradley spike south eastern type
IMG_2670.webp

some black flint like yours?

IMG_2668.webp
 
Wow rock, this is YOUR year & it's just started!:icon_thumleft:
 
You've had a great start to 2015! Thanks for showing.
 
Looks like you are really off to a good year of artifact hunting. Keep it up! Good finds.
 
20131201_203320.webp

Here is the Bradley Spike I found last year…I think it is the identical twin to TNMountains…Rock you off to an impressive start this year with your finds…keep it up!
 
Thanks I went again today, lol. They say rain this weekend so I had to finish the creek. Took 3 trips whew Im tired.
 
Rain can sprout new artifacts :tongue3:
 
Raining rite now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom