What's new

I found a thread that is missing from T-Net... (has to do with fish).

mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.

Well... by your admission, there are plenty of other column's in that area that do not fit under the treasure hunting genre. Agreed?

Absolutely Mike, I'm the guy that tried to get a hand gun thread started a couple of years ago, that didn't work out either. Don't know what to tell you all ... this is a treasure hunting site. Lets talk about treasure hunting here and guns and fishing elsewhere...
 
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.

Well... by your admission, there are plenty of other column's in that area that do not fit under the treasure hunting genre. Agreed?

Absolutely Mike, I'm the guy that tried to get a hand gun thread started a couple of years ago, that didn't work out either. Don't know what to tell you all ... this is a treasure hunting site. Lets talk about treasure hunting here and guns and fishing elsewhere...

While I personally love to talk about guns... that is such a strong topic that it really does demand it's own website. Now, Fishing is a more passive thing where us 'old' people would partake in, if we put down our coils. Consider... swinging a coil... nothing at all... now we start fishing... much better..
 
When I was young, I made a wish;
I wanted to catch a giant fish.

I made a cast to the sacred spot,
I was never much good at tying a knot.

Ten minutes later I was rigged again;
I tossed it out and then reeled it in.

When fishing for giants you must have bait;
so I put a worm on at a rapid rate.

My third cast landed high in a tree;
I yanked so hard it fell over on me.

Today I fish at a much slower pace;
I have a beer, a snack, in my favorite place.

Yep, when I was young I made a silly wish;
now at 104 I’m still catching fish! :wink:
 
I used to fish, then found that grenades are illegal. reminds me of the guy that handed the game warden a lit stick of dynamite and asked, Do you want fish?or are you hangin on. Bob
 
lonesomebob said:
I used to fish, then found that grenades are illegal. reminds me of the guy that handed the game warden a lit stick of dynamite and asked, Do you want fish?or are you hangin on. Bob

Did you ever try the old crank phone?
 
lonesomebob said:
I used to fish, then found that grenades are illegal. reminds me of the guy that handed the game warden a lit stick of dynamite and asked, Do you want fish?or are you hangin on. Bob

That's a funny joke, but unfortunately it wouldn't work in court. You can't kill the king's deer and you can't catch the king's fish, without written and PAID permission. :( :icon_king: :whip2:
 
A couple goes on vacation to a fishing resort in northern Minnesota. The husband likes to fish at the crack of dawn. The wife likes to read. One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a short nap. Although she isn't familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and continues to read her book.

Along comes the game warden in his boat.
He pulls up alongside her and says,"Good morning, Ma'am, what are you doing?"
"Reading my book," she replies, thinking isn't that obvious?
"You're in a restricted fishing area," he informs her.
"But officer, I'm not fishing. Can't you see that?"
"Yes, but you have all the equipment. I'll have to take you in and write you up."
"If you do that, I'll have to charge you with rape," says the woman.
"But I haven't even touched you," says the game warden.
"That's true......but you do have all the equipment."

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads.
GG~
 
Some of the best, (and not so best :laughing7:) memories I have of time spent with friends and family took place in the outdoors, many of them on fishing trips. :thumbsup:
 
texastee2007 said:
This is so true....it's too bad all children can not experience this in their young life because it would change them forever. How many folks most fondest memory is Dad or Grandpa taking them fishing? or the times they spend with their children doing the same thing?

Dad and Mom taking the kids camping, hunting, fishing, etc. is priceless. It's a shame many children grow up without a clue concerning outdoor life or fundamental survival skills.

GG~
 
Fishing is fun. I like catching trout. We been having a ball catching these babies.......Matt
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0116.webp
    DSCF0116.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF0033.webp
    DSCF0033.webp
    289.7 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF0116.webp
    DSCF0116.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF0035.webp
    DSCF0035.webp
    174.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCF0033.webp
    DSCF0033.webp
    289.7 KB · Views: 245
I'll bet those are good smoked.
I'll bet those are really good smoked.
I'll bet those are excellent smoked.
Suddenly, I'm hungry! :laughing7:
 
texastee2007 said:
bigscoop said:
Some of the best, (and not so best :laughing7:) memories I have of time spent with friends and family took place in the outdoors, many of them on fishing trips. :thumbsup:


This is so true....it's too bad all children can not experience this in their young life because it would change them forever. How many folks most fondest memory is Dad or Grandpa taking them fishing? or the times they spend with their children doing the same thing?

We do it everyday. Last evening we had a fire with hot dogs and smores.

This evening will be another adventure.
 
Yeah get this done. I'm feelin better already. Been blue in the gillls. Sinus n allergy problems have left me feelin eel. Well better to the doctor if yuh feel Crappie. :laughing9:
 
Oh yea those little rainbows are great smoked. Come on over and I will get some out and we can have smoked trout and crackers. Then we can go and do some detecting. Then if you would like we can go and do some fishing........Matt
 
I suppose that I have some fishing tails tales, some tips; like how to tie knots,
(such as the blood and barrel, clinch and double clinch and the shank hook knots),
plus other info from my learning in Boy Scouts, my military training and actual personal experiences,
and always besting my Pap in fishing that I could regale you with. :thumbsup:

The more that I've thought about this thread during the last week,
I have determined that, "FISHING" would make a great thread on it's own ! :thumbsup:

Mods, Y'all have any ideas? :dontknow:

Best Wishes,
Scott


PS. One of my fishin' stories involve a tornado, my early locksmith abilities,
and my Dad's '57 Chevy Pick-Up Truck when I was about 14....
 
I think a fishing topic would be great!! When im not fishing im detecting, when Im not detecting, Im fishing. When Im not doing either, Im at work :'(. Why not put the 2 things together. (Fishing and detecting) we will just keep work out of it.

There is a huge fishing forum I visit regularly but Im not sure if I can post the link up here.
 
fmrUSMC_0844 said:
I think a fishing topic would be great!! When im not fishing im detecting, when Im not detecting, Im fishing. When Im not doing either, Im at work :'(. Why not put the 2 things together. (Fishing and detecting) we will just keep work out of it.

There is a huge fishing forum I visit regularly but Im not sure if I can post the link up here.

There is now a FISHING thread in the HOBBIES section of T-Net. :icon_thumleft:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,407742.0.html

GG~
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom