What's new

I found a thread that is missing from T-Net... (has to do with fish).

Hmmmmm.....
A thread on fishing you say.... :icon_scratch:

Well, from my experiences, fishing is a way to get away from the little lady for an evening, either alone or with a friend or three, have some beers, listen to a baseball game and relax. :thumbsup:

Shucks, I've went fishin' with no bait but made sure of a full cooler many times.... :laughing7:

I've got lots of fishin' stories, DON'T get me started... :tongue3:

One of the stories involve my Dad And I and a Tornado;
Half a mile from the truck, across a
plowed corn field, down to the river's edge to get to our favorite catfishin' spot.
When I was a young pup...
This area is now part of Clinton Lake.

http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=G503480


Always my best,
Scott
 
AU24K said:
Well, from my experiences, fishing is a way to get away from the little lady for an evening, either alone or with a friend or three, have some beers, listen to a baseball game and relax. :thumbsup:
Shucks, I've went fishin' with no bait but made sure of a full cooler many times.... :laughing7:
I've got lots of fishin' stories, DON'T get me started... :tongue3:
Scott
Get away from the girls! In our households, we gotta drag the guys away from the kegerator and tv sports sometimes!
We have left them there, and gone without them, too! HA! :laughing7:
 
Here in Austin, I used to know a professional diver (all kinds of gas certificates)... He'd tell me about these yellow cats the size of Volkswagens on the bottom of the lake. I don't know how they taste, but I'm guessing they don't taste like catfish... but probably more like mud-cat.

T-net is a great website and pretty much has the market cornered on a treasure hunting website. I see know reason why you couldn't add communitys as things got interesting. I don't know... He hasn't' commented yet. Perhaps he's out fishing.
 
I once caught a catfish the size of a tiny bathtub and when I went to clean it it had two gold rings inside its.....no,....wait a minute..I got confused. But I was using a gold hook! :laughing7:
 
bigscoop said:
I once caught a catfish the size of a tiny bathtub and when I went to clean it it had two gold rings inside its.....no,....wait a minute..I got confused. But I was using a gold hook! :laughing7:
Sounds to me, like you mixing up the Jesus story, when he told the two disciples, go catch a fish, and that'll be tax money for us, and there were two coins, in it's mouth. Did I get that right?
Sure you didn't, hit the cooler, too many times, on that fishing trip! :laughing7:
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
bigscoop said:
I once caught a catfish the size of a tiny bathtub and when I went to clean it it had two gold rings inside its.....no,....wait a minute..I got confused. But I was using a gold hook! :laughing7:
Sounds to me, like you mixing up the Jesus story, Did I get that right?
:laughing7:

No. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
bigscoop said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
bigscoop said:
I once caught a catfish the size of a tiny bathtub and when I went to clean it it had two gold rings inside its.....no,....wait a minute..I got confused. But I was using a gold hook! :laughing7:
Sounds to me, like you mixing up the Jesus story, Did I get that right?
:laughing7:

No. :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
Yeah,
Karen Walker: I smell liquor on my breath. You're drunk! :laughing7:

I'm sorry, this may be the reason, some start going overboard, give me a shrimp, get to fishing! :laughing7:
 
You get a line,
I'll get a pole,
We'll go down,
To the crawdad hole.
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Fishy, fishy, in the brook,
Papa catch him on a hook,
Mama fry him in the pan,
Baby eat him like a man

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Ohhh yeah

Looks like it's time to
get the fiddle down
and rawsen up the bow
 
It all comes down to that moment in Jaws when Quint heard the drag on his fishing reel go,........."click." :thumbsup:
 
To get Marc's attention...some of you need to demand a "fishing forum" or you'll not renew your charter memberships!
He always turns up for those posts. He'll lock or delete the thread....but he'll turn up! :laughing9: :tongue3:
 
mikeofaustin said:
Here in Austin, I used to know a professional diver (all kinds of gas certificates)... He'd tell me about these yellow cats the size of Volkswagens on the bottom of the lake. I don't know how they taste, but I'm guessing they don't taste like catfish... but probably more like mud-cat.

T-net is a great website and pretty much has the market cornered on a treasure hunting website. I see know reason why you couldn't add communitys as things got interesting. I don't know... He hasn't' commented yet. Perhaps he's out fishing.

I bet they taste like divers!
 
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.
 
savant365 said:
mikeofaustin said:
savant365 said:
Wouldn't fishing fit in the "hobbies" section?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,355.0.html

I would fit there, but as a website it would be better for it be fit under "my favorites" as a new column. The more content a website has, the higher the rank (which equates to more profit from potential advertising.

I know you are right but this is a treasure hunting website...I'm sure there are a lot of "fishing" websites out there. On a treasure hunting website "fishing" is considered a hobby.

Well... by your admission, there are plenty of other column's in that area that do not fit under the treasure hunting genre. Agreed?
 
Hmmmm..........Treasure"Net"..........Hmmmmm.......... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom