What's new

I found a thread that is missing from T-Net... (has to do with fish).

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2008
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
78729
Detector(s) used
dfx
FISHING!!!! I LOVE FISHING!!!! I was talking to a friend about catching sand sharks on the T-heads off Galveston bay (in Texas).... and I realized that their is no 'fishing' forum on T-net. I used to fish off those t-heads all the time, and every now and them (actually too many times), I'd get a sand shark. The first thing to understand about ALL sharks is they are not your pet catfish.... They still remain alive for many hours after being subjected to the open air. and they remain VERY pissed off that your caught them.. and too many times, I've witnessed vacationers try to get their lure out of their mouth, and get carted off the the emergency room. The correct way to catch a sand shark, is to immediately cut the tail off (takes a very sharp knife as shark skin is very [very] strong).... and let them bleed out before you touch them.

Perhaps we can add this to a forum menu? Marc? I see water in the background on your avatar picture.... This tells me that you are fisherman!!!
 
There are alot of fishermen on Tnet. I grew up fishing day and night . We did all types of fishing but I was fishing to help feed the family.
 
:thumbsup: Maybe Marc will go for it, "hook, line, & sinker?" Let's see if he, "takes the bait?" :laughing7:
 
Wonder if you can catch a Goldfish in a Treasure Net :dontknow:

GG~
 
LOL, Good Luck getting Marc to take the "bait"

Sounds like your opening a "can of worms"

If he does that the Hunters, Crabbers, Shrimpers, Birders, Gardeners, Possum Peelers and every other
group will want their own thread :laughing7:
 
bigscoop said:
:thumbsup: Maybe Marc will go for it, "hook, line, & sinker?" Let's see if he, "takes the bait?" :laughing7:

Maybe you should "drop him a line" and sea if he bites. :tongue3:
 
savant365 said:
You should try to count how many puns are in that video, lol. :laughing7:

I'm still trying to count the ones in this thread which gave me a haddock and now I need to sea a dock but I don't have the clams. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    5 KB · Views: 458
Well, I have to open my "large mouth" and put in my two cents worth. I think a fishing board would be the "cat's" meow.
 
texastee2007 said:
GoodyGuy said:
bigscoop said:
:thumbsup: Maybe Marc will go for it, "hook, line, & sinker?" Let's see if he, "takes the bait?" :laughing7:
Maybe you should "drop him a line" :laughing7:
:headbang:
looks like the sharks are circling....waiting for fresh bait since the Pub is closed maybe Marc will open a Dock....how much trouble can a bunch of fishermen/women get into?
Probably about as much, when ya show up for lobster season. there's 18 boats, and only 14 places to dock. I've seen near fistfights break out, over a parking place! LOL! :laughing7:

Speaking of the cat, huh kk? She fishes too!
Couldn't they put it under my favorites? 2 sections; things caught in the waters, things not caught in the waters! Keep the hunters and fishers seperate! 8)
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
texastee2007 said:
GoodyGuy said:
bigscoop said:
:thumbsup: Maybe Marc will go for it, "hook, line, & sinker?" Let's see if he, "takes the bait?" :laughing7:
Maybe you should "drop him a line" :laughing7:
:headbang:
looks like the sharks are circling....waiting for fresh bait since the Pub is closed maybe Marc will open a Dock....how much trouble can a bunch of fishermen/women get into?
Probably about as much, when ya show up for lobster season. there's 18 boats, and only 14 places to dock. I've seen near fistfights break out, over a parking place! LOL! :laughing7:

Speaking of the cat, huh kk? She fishes too!
Couldn't they put it under my favorites? 2 sections; things caught in the waters, things not caught in the waters! Keep the hunters and fishers seperate! 8)

;D
 

Attachments

  • Catfish-pictures-3.webp
    Catfish-pictures-3.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 486
Seriously, I "cast" my vote for the fishing board.
 

Attachments

  • Cat_Fish.webp
    Cat_Fish.webp
    16.1 KB · Views: 469
I don't know if this idea will "fly" with this site's "leader" but I sure hope he decides to "tie the knot" and jump "aboard" our "boat."
 
They have a hiking/camping section, surely us fisherman, can find us a "honey-hole" here, too!
 
I was all about catfishing on the Mississippi River, every chance I had. Until last year that is. I haven't gone water fishing since I bought my detector. All the time that would be spent river fishing is now spent dirt fishing. If I'm river fishing I know that I'll catch a fish but if I'm dirt fishing the possibilities are endless.

What I really need to do is start catfishing again but go on the rainy days (which I thoroughly enjoy) and fish under the bridges. That way I'm not totally abandoning another hobby that has brought me so much entertainment.
 
You know, with the recent advances in discrimination, I’m seeing a whole new market developing here. Short leaders with baited hooks swinging back and forth from the coil while you’re water hunting. And just think MARC, it will have all started here on Tnet! :headbang: :icon_thumleft:
 
I wish you'd all get reel!
 
Hey, I almost caugt a fish with my "Fluffy"(Excall)!
Or, that fish had caught me? :icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom