What's new

I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house......SOLVED

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that will be leveled by a bulldozer tomorrow! I showed it to the owner and he said it looks like an old shoe horn? It is all brass and about 13 inches long. What say you guys?
 

Attachments

  • 100_2494.webp
    100_2494.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 600
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Whats it say under the doggie?
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

It say Scottish Terrier
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Yup, shoe horn...nice find though!
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

You can stick a big tick on solved, agreed it is a shoehorn.
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

You mean it's not a victorian pooper scooper? ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

I was thinking a large snuff/cocaine spoon Rick :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing7:
I'll bet your gonna hunt that lot when the house is gone until your blue in the face HUH!
I would............


Tim
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Mark this one solved! Definitely a shoehorn. :thumbsup:

doublet2a said:
I was thinking a large snuff/cocaine spoon Rick :tongue3: :laughing9: :laughing7:
I'll bet your gonna hunt that lot when the house is gone until your blue in the face HUH!
I would............


Tim
I don't think even Scarface could have used that one for a coke spoon. :o :o ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

That will bring some bucks on EBAY. Scottie owners are always looking for some unique collectible that the other doesn't have. I would say a Victorian Scottie Dog Shoe Horn is about as unique as you can get. I don't imagine that there are many of those floating around. May land you a good down payment for another detector!

Good Luck,

DaChief!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

DaChief said:
That will bring some bucks on EBAY. Scottie owners are always looking for some unique collectible that the other doesn't have. I would say a Victorian Scottie Dog Shoe Horn is about as unique as you can get. I don't imagine that there are many of those floating around. May land you a good down payment for another detector!

Good Luck,

DaChief!!

........and I could sure use a good 1280X right now! :)
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

thrillathahunt said:
DaChief said:
That will bring some bucks on EBAY. Scottie owners are always looking for some unique collectible that the other doesn't have. I would say a Victorian Scottie Dog Shoe Horn is about as unique as you can get. I don't imagine that there are many of those floating around. May land you a good down payment for another detector!

Good Luck,

DaChief!!

........and I could sure use a good 1280X right now! :)
Or a Minelab Etrac lol
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Etracs don't like waist deep water :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Cool Find for sure. Gonna hunt that yard?
 
Upvote 0
Re: I found this in a closet of an old 1889 house.........

Yeah, I am when they get all the debris hauled away. I hunted the yard back in March and found some cool stuff, but I expect better things this time.
 
Upvote 0
yep its a shoe horn
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom