What's new

I get tired of these questions,dont you ?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

Would you like the gold dollars also?
Do you want all of the halves ?
Do you have an account here ?
What do you do with all of the halves ?
Are you just searching for certain years ?
Why all the sudden interest in halves ?
You won't bring them back here,will ya ?

I am sure you have all experienced these and more questions from tellers. These are just some of my favorites. Cheers, Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

Rough day eh Jim. Next time they ask you "What do you do with all these halves"? Just say "Oh did I forget to tell ya"? At which point they should be smart enough to keep quiet but....... if they say yes. Your next line would be something like "Then it must be none of your %#@%& business!!!" Worth a laugh but probly won't get you any halves. Keep your chin up, I endured the above ?'s a half dozen times this morning and was repaid one Ben and about $20 in clad. The Ben was a surprise- more surprised that they even gave it to ME after oggling over it. HH Mark
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

Just look at them and say...................." If I tell ya.........I would have to kill ya................HAHA
HH Gayle
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

the answers to the questions in order ---(Q) #1 --do you want the golden dollars too - (A) #1 no
--(Q) #2 do you wany all the halves ?---(A) #2 yes----
(Q) #3 do you have a account here? -(A) #3 why does that matter ? are you "holding a special order box for someone"? --
(Q)#4--what do you do with all the halves (A) #4 I"m very OCD - so I need to count coins -- once counted their useless and I need "fresh ones" to count---- ---
(Q) #5 --are you looking for certain years ? (A) #5 why what do you have to offer me ?---- ---
(Q) #6 why the sudden interesr in halves (A) #6 like em---
(Q) #7 you will not bring em back here will you -- (A) #7- no
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

The next time they ask, tell them that you dump
all the coins in a bath tub, cover them with liquid
soap then roll around in them. This might not get
you any more halves but it will stop the questions.

Belive it or not, I tried this once. The questions stopped
and so did the orders.
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

OmegaMan said:
The next time they ask, tell them that you dump
all the coins in a bath tub, cover them with liquid
soap then roll around in them. This might not get
you any more halves but it will stop the questions.

Belive it or not, I tried this once. The questions stopped
and so did the orders.

I once told an attravtive teller that I spread them out on my bed and roll around on them nekkid........ wanna join me ? She looked me in they eye in no uncertain terms and said wont they be cold. And then "I" Blushed. And wished I was single......

Mojo
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

You should say your saving them to make one giant one. That should get an interesting look.

Golden Silver
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

OmegaMan said:
...tell them that you dump
all the coins in a bath tub, cover them with liquid
soap then roll around in them.

Wow, you do this too?!
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

I just tell them I collect them for my little girl. I knew there was a reason I had kids. LOL ;D
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

I get tired of the bank asking me questions when I make
any transaction. I took some cash out a few weeks ago,
not even a big amount, and the teller says "what are you
going to do with the money? Are you going on a trip?"
I simply said "no". Years ago, no one would even think of
asking you that question.
Years ago there was this thing called 'privacy' where they
would say "hello" and "thank you" and maybe "have a nice day"
and that would be that.
Now, they have no problem talking to you loudly, announcing
your stuff in a room filled with other people, asking you questions,
etc...
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

I don't mind the questions so much as it helps build a relationship with the tellers. They're just trying to make conversation or are curious. I tell my supply bank that I hide them in the basement for an emergency. I tell my dump bank that my granddaddy did that and now I'm slowly converting them to cash. :icon_jokercolor:
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

lets see you can also try these

#1 --- only if their "REAL" gold dollars

#2 - no just the ones with silver in them

#3 - WHY?

#4 - WHY do you ask that?

#5 - all of the 1970 and earlier ones now please get them for me .

#6 - why the sudden interest in my private affairs?

#7 - no
 
Re: I get tired of these questions,don't you ?

My biggest pet peeeve was when a teller said do you want these dirty ones too and I saw a double handfull of silver. NOT
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom