What's new

I JUST CALLED AN ARMORED CAR COMPANY

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was not one of the big guys but they have several "warehouses"

They have 1440 IKES and are willing to ship it to the closest location to me. It is in two bags and they will charge me $5 per bag because I am not a customer.

I asked if he gets a lot of requests for IKES or halves. He said not at all on the dollar and he said "we move halves in and out all the time"

I asked how many halves, they had 3 boxes @ $4 box to sell but he could get all I needed. I declined the halves but told him I was interested in IKES. He said they will be here.

I have never paid over face for coins but I only need to find one Morgan or Peace dollar to break even.

Do I feel lucky?
 
Upvote 0
ringding said:
I found a Peace Dollar in a bag of Ikes.

That's what I'm talking about!

How did you get your hands on a whole bag?
 
Well I just placed my order for a bag and a half of IKEs (1440). I will pick them up at their main terminal this saturday.

I am having dreams of handfulls of peace and morgan dollars. ;)

In reality I will be happy with a couple of good ones. The odds are in my favor of at least two or three. (I have already done OK with about the same amount of IKES)
 
Yes, good luck cdan..............and keep us posted.
 
fiatboy said:
Good luck!
Thanks, I will need all the luck I can get. This is Barrio gang country I will be visiting. English wont be spoken for miles around. Ever see the Cheech & Chong movie, Up In Smoke? That is what it is like. ;D
 
I will need all the luck I can get. This is Barrio gang country I will be visiting. English wont be spoken for miles around. Ever see the Cheech & Chong movie, Up In Smoke? That is what it is like.
haha. I know exactly what you're talking about. And I've found quite a bit of silver in places like that!
 
buena plata que encuentra lucking
 
thurmownator said:
buena plata que encuentra lucking
diggummup said:
Buena suerte en el barrio mi amigo ! ;)

Agradece por desearme suerte, yo la necesitará. El barrio no será demasiado malo en 10 de la mañana. Los muchos de gente por todas partes y por supuesto golpearé algunos bancos también.

Thanks
 
ARMORED CAR COMPANY - UPDATE

Well my daughter and went to the armored car company Saturday to pick up the halves. Because of the value I wanted to count them before leaving. Turned out to be $1420 and that agreed with the tags on the bags. So far I have looked at about $900 and only found a clad 1776-1976 S proof in decent shape. (it takes 30 min for two to count and stack that much coin)

The visit to the armored car company was an experience. We were escorted and buzzed through several steel doors and walked down hallways of steel plate walls. The guard brought us into a counting room and then left us alone to count. He went to a control room with many TV monitors where I know he was watching through a camera. There were a few loose coins and some tokens lying about. I asked the guard about the token and he said they have a huge bag of things like that.

After I finished paying for the coins and my $10 fee we talked a bit. He said it was going to be a long day for him because he got a call very early in the AM to come in. Some money was missing. :o Since 4AM he had spent hours looking at the video tapes till he had seen one of the guards punch in on the time clock with a brown paper bag lunch. Later the camera saw him bring the lunch into a room where the bundles of money were. Then the camera saw him take a break (he took his "lunch" to his car and later came back with out his bag :-\) The guy then went on his armored truck route.

The guard then called the sheriffs department and since the sheriff's knew the trucks route just went ahead of where he was going and waited for him. As of Saturday he is a guest of the L.A. county jail system. He will be there for quite some time. His name was not paris hilton so he will not get the same treatment LASO gave her. :'(
 
What a post! I don't know what to say, really, except thanks!
 
Hey, that's great. Let us know if anything else turns up!

Brian
 
wow.

Armoured car guy turned inmate is a MORON!!!!

He somehow thought they would not notice????

Look in the dictionary, and under the word "STUPID" you will see that sap's photo.

That is also my opinion of bank robbers.

For some twisted reason, they want to have the FBI looking for them.

I mean, do they really want to spend 20 years in a Federal detention facility?

With lotsa big hairy friends?

Not that they will ever get to see them....because they will be facing the OTHER WAY!
::)
 
This is the final count from the two bags of $$

2 proof IKES & 3 toned IKES :(

I only kept the toned ones because they were different, kind of a bronzy color. If a dealer isn't interested off they will go back into the return bag.

The guard at the company said they get that many IKES in about 2-3 months. Mostly from the check cashing places. There are a LOT of check cashing companies around here. Millions of illegal aliens that don't have bank accounts, working illegally. Still don't know why they get paid by check, last I heard it was still illegal to hire them. >:(
 
cyberdan said:
This is the final count from the two bags of $$

2 proof IKES & 3 toned IKES :(

That's all you found from 1440 Ikes ? That's a bummer. Not even any '73 ?

Kudos on the 2 proofs, though. Photos ?
 
thurmownator said:
That's all you found from 1440 Ikes ? That's a bummer. Not even any '73 ?

Kudos on the 2 proofs, though. Photos ?
No photos, they are just proofs. Now if they were Morgans you would have already seen the pics. ;D

I didn't look for 73's about 75% of these coins were more than circulated. (dirty, slot machine, beatup) I have already started putting them back into the banking system.
 
cyberdan said:
thurmownator said:
That's all you found from 1440 Ikes ? That's a bummer. Not even any '73 ?

Kudos on the 2 proofs, though. Photos ?
No photos, they are just proofs. Now if they were Morgans you would have already seen the pics. ;D

I didn't look for 73's about 75% of these coins were more than circulated. (dirty, slot machine, beatup) I have already started putting them back into the banking system.


Check for any '73. They were (far and away) the lowest minted year of the entire series.

http://www.coinfacts.com/silver_dollars/eisenhower_dollars/eisenhower_dollars.html

Good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom