Plug popper
Jr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I like the older garrett's.
Hi to all. I joined a few days ago but have been reading on here for a long time. I will say this' if you are looking for info on just about any thing that has to do with detecting' this is a great place to start.
I thought i would poke around a bit and see if anyone else is using some of the older detectors. I have a Garrett mh cxiii and a Garrett mh ads 6 and i like them both. That being said i had a gtxa 400 that was a good littel detector in its owen right as well. A fieind of mine has a Garrett 1500 that i used for a while to see what thy had changed over the year's. Now' i may be way off base but as far as most of it' i did not see that much difference between them as far as depth and the way thy work. What i did notice was the weight of them. I found that was not a big deal to me' in fact the cxiii was to me just a easy to swing as the newer ones. The ads 6 is a littel heavy but not that bad at all. Here what i think as i am old school and learned to run each one of the detectors over the years' is knowing your detector is most of the battle. Now my dad had a whites and always swore by it my brother has a compuss a whites as well as a Garrett. Here's his thinking of it as well. The detector is a part of it' but you must know how to get all out of you can. And some are better at one type of hunting and others are better at another. This is what i have found to be true as a rule.I think the bottom line is what you get use to' my thinking is if it not broke don't fix it.
. Anyway i would like to know if there is any other folks that use the older Garrett's and like them. Thanks for taking the time to reed this and let me know your thoughts. plug popper 
Hi to all. I joined a few days ago but have been reading on here for a long time. I will say this' if you are looking for info on just about any thing that has to do with detecting' this is a great place to start.
I thought i would poke around a bit and see if anyone else is using some of the older detectors. I have a Garrett mh cxiii and a Garrett mh ads 6 and i like them both. That being said i had a gtxa 400 that was a good littel detector in its owen right as well. A fieind of mine has a Garrett 1500 that i used for a while to see what thy had changed over the year's. Now' i may be way off base but as far as most of it' i did not see that much difference between them as far as depth and the way thy work. What i did notice was the weight of them. I found that was not a big deal to me' in fact the cxiii was to me just a easy to swing as the newer ones. The ads 6 is a littel heavy but not that bad at all. Here what i think as i am old school and learned to run each one of the detectors over the years' is knowing your detector is most of the battle. Now my dad had a whites and always swore by it my brother has a compuss a whites as well as a Garrett. Here's his thinking of it as well. The detector is a part of it' but you must know how to get all out of you can. And some are better at one type of hunting and others are better at another. This is what i have found to be true as a rule.I think the bottom line is what you get use to' my thinking is if it not broke don't fix it.
. Anyway i would like to know if there is any other folks that use the older Garrett's and like them. Thanks for taking the time to reed this and let me know your thoughts. plug popper
Somewhere on TN there is a list of all the Garrett's that have been made over the year's. As far as other Co go i have not looked to see. I am no expert by no means but will do my best to awnser your ?.
. After using it for a long while i was able to upgrade to a ADS that was the different of day and night. From there i upgraded when i could. I like my CXIII as well as my ads 6.they serve me well. I used a gtax 400 for some time it was a good unit but did not have the pinpoint on it. It just was not my cup of tea . I had a chance to use a gti 1500 for a while and it was nice but to me there was no that much better that i would give up my old standby units. There are a lot of folks that would say na give me the the newer one. Me i like what i am using but that just me' so to each his Owen. It is what you get used to if you started out with a newer unit you you most likely would not want one of the older ones. There are a lot of co that have made some good units over the year's such as Fisher' White's and the list go's on and most all of them have made all kinds good and not so good detectors I don't know the the link right off hand of the Garrett units but there are a bunch of them that's for sure. Anyway i hope i did not get to far off base with my answer -----God Bless Plug popper






