diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny. Easy come easy go I guess. It doesn't take much to be a power seller these days. I mean it sounds like a lot but I've managed for the last 5-6 years without thought.

• Be registered with eBay for at least 90 days.
  • Have an account in good standing.
  • Maintain a positive Feedback of 98% or higher over the past 12 months.
  • Follow all eBay policies.
  • Have a minimum of 100 transactions and $3,000 in sales with US buyers over the past 12 months.
  • Receive at least a 4.60 average from US buyers across all 4 detailed seller ratings (DSRs).
  • For all transactions with US buyers, have no more than 1.00% of transactions with low DSRs (1s or 2s) on item as described, and a maximum of 2.00% of low DSRs on communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling cost.
  • For all transactions with US buyers, have no more than 0.30% of transactions result in eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal Buyer Protection cases closed without seller resolution.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Strange thing that Power Seller status. Ebay designated me as a Power Seller a few months back. Got one of their nifty little psIcon_50x25.gif icons attached to my member name. However, as far as I can tell, I am the only one that can see that icon. I don't see it when I see how my listing looks in a list with others selling similar items. I don't see it when I view the listing details for a given item. So, if only I can see it, what is the point of having it at all? Does ebay give me some sort of benefit for having the designation?

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You probably committed some arcane sin such as not shipping such and such item on time.
I've had that rating for some time. Every once in a while it disappears, then returns.
You can check your seller dashboard if you're that interested. :wink:

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no, it's back. No fanfare this time. Just quietly put it back.
But if no one but I can see it what the H?

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I started getting larger shipping discounts when I got mine. Other than that I haven't noticed anything different.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I started getting larger shipping discounts when I got mine. Other than that I haven't noticed anything different.

I think you get the discounts when you get to "Preferred" (sp?) status, not Power-seller.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a power seller for 2 years some 10yrs ago, I had an ebay store coin shop (I would buy collections then break them up and sell most individually or make "starter collections" that were cheaper to buy), everything was great, I was making great money and in turn ebay was making money. Well I took a whole month off and I got a bill for that particular month and I knew I was 100% paid in full on my bill so I disputed it. What they did was like the electric company does, they just took an average of previous months and sent me a bill, it was for something like $300 or so for listings and what not, well long story short they banned me for life from ebay. In the long run I should of just paid the bill and made lots more money but it really made me mad to say the least!!!

They didn't ban me right off the bat, it took like 3 months of them sending me warnings to pay the bill.

Last edited:

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have a PowerBuyer designation? Because my wife would certainly qualify for that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions