What's new

I must be a glutton for punishment...

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
...'cause here I go with yet another what the heck do it be item.

I'm sure it was a money clip? I dunno.

your thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0371.webp
    DSCF0371.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCF0370.webp
    DSCF0370.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 529
I wish I knew where to start,Sorry.....
 
Upvote 0
vibes said:
I'm sure it was a money clip? I dunno.

your thoughts?
Can you slide money in it? A side view may help.

What kind of metal is it? Where did you find it?

It looks like a rampant lion. lion rampant.webp
 
Upvote 0
nope, no money slidin' goin on in it's current state.

and yes, it's def. a lion or griffin
 
Upvote 0
Its an interesting piece. It almost looks plated but cant tell. Have you determined the type of metal?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
BCH..yes! the break is exactly as stated in your post!

Mwa...thanks a bunch!

Now, what's the date of the piece...and I still don't know the metal. I'll check it tonight!
 
Upvote 0
Wow, no love for Montana Jim. ??? WTG MJ, on the ID...and to BCH for posting a picture with a drawing to illustrate the broken tongue! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
ooops...and props going out to MontanaJim...you rock out loud!
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
Civilian tongue of a two piece buckle - like the military style.
LOL Jim got it. I just posted a pic. I also agree that it looks civilian.
I dont know the age. Search lion rampant two-piece buckles. Maybe Scotish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_(heraldry)
 
Upvote 0
Great ID, Jim. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom