2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:laughing9: hey Rept you know what fisherman, hunters, miners have in common when sitting around a camp fire

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you want the magnetic stuff, non-mag or both?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also what shipping method gives the best value?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that "check in the mail" stuff before. LOL

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know how much you would like me to run, and I will research shipping cost and either money gram you the money or send a cashiers check. Kevin, I'm sure the gold, if I can extract it, will be more likely in the Hematite, but I wouldn't mind running both. Still in my experimental phase, so really trying to do this as cost effective as possible. I will be cracking the sands, running through gold cube, blue bowl then cement mixer with ball bearings, then mercury amalgam. Kevin, do these steps seem reasonable or does it sound like a waste of time? I ask you because you seem very knowledgeable in recovery methods. Thanks in advance, Ron

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Enamel...understandable this day in age but I am a man of my word lol Sucks that society so people so gun shy these days. A few bad people ruin it for everyone. But bottom line, when you are done with your black sands, I will pay shipping to see if I can extract gold from it. If I do, I send you 50%

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem here. Just to let you know, what you're doing isn't a new process. It's been done for years.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rept: Black sand, being heavy by nature, is going to
be somewhat expensive to ship. Best way for smaller
quantities is to use one of the USPS medium or large
Flat Rate boxes.

Unless that black sand is really loaded with super-fine gold
you might make back the shipping costs...at best.

Got a gravel quarry near by? Go buy yourself a yard of
1/4'- and pull all the black sand out of it...probably be
plenty for you to test out your new gear on.

BTW, Ya didn't hear it from me, but as best I recall you're not
supposed to buy or sell on the site unless you're a Charter
Member.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....you want it, come get it!:laughing7:
I will show you where it's at, and possibly help you dig it! It's heavy, VERY heavy.

DSCN6041.JPG

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol This spring, I will be heading to Nome for a few weeks...I will be doing my share of digging. Hopefully, before my trip, I will have learned the most efficient way to extract the gold

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oregon viking, until spring, I'm stuck in Arkansas where there is very very little gold to be found. Would you be able to send me a couple of zip lock freezer bags of that black sand? Let me know sometime today of you can. On my way home from work, I can money gram some cash for shipping and your time. Thanks either way.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
A large usps flat rate box can hold over 70 pounds of black sands. Its about $16 with a 70 pound !imit. The cheapest that I've seen black sands has been about $1 a pound.

Try ebay! Lots of people selling black sands!

magnetite sand gold | eBay

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be cracking the sands, running through gold cube, blue bowl then cement mixer with ball bearings, then mercury amalgam.

Cracking the sands is a myth that never seems to go away. The applied heat removes any sulphide coating that stops the mercury from holding the gold. Hydrogen peroxide will remove the coating. Skip the gold cube and the blue bowl and the cement mixer. Put the sands in a pan with peroxide and mercury. The peroxide will clean off the sulphide coating and keep the mercury clean. Then use a retort to get the gold from the mercury and recover the mercury.

If you put the sands in a cement mixer with mercury you will have to pan ever so slowly to try to recover the tiniest little balls of sickened mercury that didnt absorb the gold.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me know how much you would like me to run, and I will research shipping cost and either money gram you the money or send a cashiers check. Kevin, I'm sure the gold, if I can extract it, will be more likely in the Hematite, but I wouldn't mind running both. Still in my experimental phase, so really trying to do this as cost effective as possible. I will be cracking the sands, running through gold cube, blue bowl then cement mixer with ball bearings, then mercury amalgam. Kevin, do these steps seem reasonable or does it sound like a waste of time? I ask you because you seem very knowledgeable in recovery methods. Thanks in advance, Ron

Actually my processing is limited to classification and panning. I have encountered wild mercury and even used it to gather -200 gold but only in a gold pan. The post just above this one has some good advice though I think :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions