I need help with my F2

meeulk

Jan 2, 2009
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went around to the outside of my fence and was trying out my F2 at the base of a tree (still consider myself a newbie). I dug about 2 inches down where it pinpointed to a 2. I kept going back over it and it kept beeping around an 80 and gave a decent spot to dig. I kept pulling dirt out and going over it and it kept giving the same sound in the same spot (basically over the hole) and kept pinpointing between a 2 and a 4 (confusing). I found a broken glass bottle neck in the hole, so I'm hopeful, but what do I do? Should I focus on the sides? Dig deeper? I'm starting to think it's under the tree. Help please!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I suggest you invest in a good hand held pin pointer. I hunted for my first six months without one, bbut do not hunt without one now. For a new one I suggest the lowest cost one to buy in $89. I have both the black and orange garret pin pointers.

If you dug a bottle neck the target my just be the bottle cap.

OP
OP
meeulk

meeulk

Jan 2, 2009
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I suggest you invest in a good hand held pin pointer. I hunted for my first six months without one, bbut do not hunt without one now. For a new one I suggest the lowest cost one to buy in $89. I have both the black and orange garret pin pointers.

If you dug a bottle neck the target my just be the bottle cap.

Thanks, LOCO. It's certainly on my wishlist and something I need!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread