What's new

I need your expertise on IDing this ?coin ? pendant ( ? silver metallic content)

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I need your expertise on ID'ing this ?coin ? pendant ( ? silver metallic content)

:hello: Hi again,

Still moving east ( a small section at a time) on my adventure in that junk- laden area of the beach where I' ve been finding oldies.

Today I had 2 hours to spare so I split it up between wet and dry sand.

I found this strange looking item in the dry sand...not sure if it is an old coin made into a pendant, or a old "nothing" ???...it might be silver, but I hesitate to clean it if it is some kind of valuable old coin.

I would greatly appreciate any input into this mysterious find.

Here's a couple of pics..

thanks for looking

Lorraine


DSCF1923.webp


DSCF1924.webp


DSCF1926.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm gettin' to like this coin! :happysmiley:

Lorraine
Lorraine I am also loving this coin ..... Hope it turns out to be the REALE Deal....

... Clean or not to Clean.... not to sure what I would do either... wear it no matter what it deserves to be shown..... Glad that you found it so we were all able to see it... and not just thrown into someones junk drawer. I have found 6 of these coins over the years, and all were fakes.... yours looks like the real thing to me.... Good Luck... now go get a Gold one to make a pair of ear rings....
 
thats an awesome beach find
I would leave it as is - they are not real valuable but still a rare beach find up here
I have never found spanish silver on the beach yet - just on dry land
so youre one up on me there :icon_thumleft:
 
oh I believe that hole was made so could be sewn in to clothes
back then they had no pockets usually - they would sewn them to inside
of their jackets and pull off as needed
 
thats an awesome beach find
I would leave it as is - they are not real valuable but still a rare beach find up here
I have never found spanish silver on the beach yet - just on dry land
so youre one up on me there :icon_thumleft:

I'm sure that won't be for much longer, Casper....you are a "super " detectorist; no grass grows under your feet ( or should I say "no seaweed" ):headbang:

Lorraine
 
What a totally awesome find, Lorraine! A big hearty CONGRATS!!
 
Neat find Lorraine .Hope you find more like that one .
 
WTG,,WOW:wav::blob1::blob10::blob3::blob7::blob5::blob6::blob8::blob9::tchest::weee:Awesome coin my friend looks very Historical to me:icon_thumright:
I've never got into old coins or do I understand them.until getting into this Hobby its taught me quite a bit,,b/c if I found that I would've scrub,baking soda,vinegar that :laughing9::laughing7::laughing9:I'm so naive,,,I am so HAPPY for you:occasion14:,,HH
 
Lorraine, you always find the most interesting things! I can't imagine finding something like that coin. Congratulations!
 
Im jealous...great find...congrats.
 
Lorraine, Awesome Find !!!, I would love to find Coin like that. Im with everybody else on cleaning it up and wearing it , just awesome !!!
 
Great find, I to would like to see it cleaned up and on a nice chain!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom