What's new

I think i need that book ... Metal detecting for dummies

I have never found a buffalo myself so you are ahead of the game in that area where I am concerned. We are really glad you are here and even getting skunked today...it sure is good to hear from you and know how you did. Just keep at it...the more hours you put in on that machine the less likely you will be digging to China and the more likely you will be to find the good stuff! The important thing is you are getting out there.....and getting in here....you will love the tnet family, I know I sure do! Welcome to the family!
 
Another welcome.....

You're getting cheers on the nickle because a lot of us ramp up the disc on our detectors and pass them over, along with gold rings and whatnots. Some urban areas just don't make sense to try to dig every pulltab and piece of foil...so you miss the nickles.

So take heart...you at least know you got a good setting if you found a nickle. You're right in there for finding a lost gold ring or such.

At your old school.....think like a kid. I'd be playing around the woods if that's what was there years back. They didn't have much in the way of fancy playgrounds in the early part of the century. Play hide and seek, tag...whatever....so....maybe hide in the trees that were a little further out from the school.

Best of luck to you and happy hunting,
Al
 
Congratulations on the coin. I can't help but want to help you with a new name. You have outstanding hair. How about curlie, curly, or or ???????????? However your present name is just fine. What size loop are you using? Smaller is better for pin-pointing but you may give up a little depth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom