OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, don't buy any more lottery tickets. Go slow. You'll have to pay a little more maybe in the spring if they messed up the withholdings, but it won't be a ton.

I think I have reached the pinnacle. No more tickets needed :headbang:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Dyslexic .. what numbers matched?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Dyslexic .. what numbers matched?
If you read the directions, there was a special symbol...scratch off that symbol and you win the prize.

I wonder how many winning tickets are tossed in the trash...then how many are later cashed in by street people going through the trash.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY COW

holy cow.jpg

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick google search says it’s a carve out only for fisherman and farmers.

I’m a fisherman, wife’s a farmer. I’m getting screwed on my taxes. Any help out there??? They want me to pay quarterly taxes all year, but out income doesn’t start until mid October!!! (And of course some farm revenue in the summer)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can make what you have last 30 years. Or 30 days. After you buy the house, there won't be all that much left. It looks like a lot but...think of the higher taxes on the house for the next, 10, 20 30 years. Best to put the rest away where it is safe - and not in the house! You going to have $2k, $3k or more a year away on property taxes? Plus the added cost of heating and A/c and Maintenance? Something with good interest or dividends.

That's the reason I still have about half of what I had received 10 years ago. Interest and dividends.

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!Still looking for that "one golden ticket" out there!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First thing to do is go on a vacation! I'd sail right out of Colorado...

I'd buy a nice house in Cocoa Beach where it is warm all year. I already have a 2007 Silverado 2500HD with low miles. I would get a new outboard for my 1974 17ft Boston Whaler. Then I would spend all my time metal detecting the beaches and fishing the lagoon & ocean. The only problem is, all the people that want to visit because you live on the beach. And see the rocket launches...

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped itemizing on my taxes a few years back, but it used to be you could deduct all of your gambling losses up to your total winnings. So maybe all you have spent on tickets this year can be written off ( chump change, probably ). Again, congrats on your big win.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incredible! Just don't spend money after your initial major purchases like you won the lottery, even though you did!

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The smell of a brand new house

2006 I had a windfall of $158,000. A few months later, I bought a brand new house for $130K. I paid cash. 3 years later the market crashed and the house was worth $91K. I felt foolish. Now the house is almost worth a quarter million bucks. All the empty lots around me are building houses and the new houses are selling before they are finished. Now I don't regret buying a house and paying cash for a brand new one. Get fluent in Zillow and realtor dot com. In hindsight, I should have bought gold producing property in the mountains. But hey, I still made a hell of an investment. All the mortgage payments I did not make, I banked.

Joshbiz

May 2, 2014
Sugar Hill, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Amazing.. I dont know what I would do with it maybe buy a few hunting properties? lol

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow that is fantastic ... you gonna upgrade your detector?
So happy to see someone catch a break once in a while.

Problem with that is now people will come after the money.
Even friends and relatives will be whispering in your ear.

Now if that Saudi Prince would just send me the money he promised me I would be rich also.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS brother!

Nice older home on some acres would do nicely.

How about a nice new home on some really old land, so you can while away the hours metal detecting and finding other treasure! Take the wife on a couple good vacations too. Live and enjoy!

Question: think you'll still do scratch-offs? LOL. I'm thinking you pretty much "won" and should probably move onto something else. Like bowling a 300. What else is there to do? :laughing7:

Anyway, I'm tickled just to have seen a winning ticket this big. Thanks for sharing it with us!

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread