What's new

ID help

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a creek bed where I find a lot of points and pottery. My first thoughts were natural but it's so square and well defined it's got my scratching my head. Again I lean towards natural from a practicality standpoint .... What would the use be? The inside of the square is smoother and has the same feel as a polished stone would have(almost a wax feeling ) Anyways thought I would get some feedback from you guys . Any comments welcome . Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438869724.817769.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438869738.980994.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438869750.016030.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438869759.617920.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438869771.285050.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure what it's for but I don't think it's natural
 
Never seen anything like that, but agree it really doesn't look natural :dontknow:
 
I have seen quartz with square holes where galena crystals popped out.
 
A Pyrite Crystal eroded out, leaving what we see. Or galena crystal , we posted at the same time..

images
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom