What's new

Im not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Went back to the beach that I hunted yesterday....lots of area still to cover, but I'm gettin' there.

Found the usual sinkers, a "mystery" coin, and an interesting ( I think) medallion ? Egyptian ? Indian ? Mexican origin

Any help with ID'ing would be appreciated

Also found another old spoon...misplaced it at present; :-[ will post pic later if I can find it

Soaking the medallion now..will post a cleaned up pic later.

Here's pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 
Upvote 0
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Here's the medallion cleaned and shined...it weighs 30.76 grams.
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Nice finds and the "old" beach still has more to give.
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

NICE! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Mystery coin: hmmm..maybe a Merc?

Medallion, looks possibly African.

I LIKE your beach!

HH Joe
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

OHhhhhh Myyyyy!!!! Gold medalian I assume.?.? By the looks of it possibly quite old. That is awesome. Never saw anything like it. I Googled a few ideas, but nothing came up like that. Good luck on your hunt. Depending on what you have there it may be a "Banner Find". Good Hunt, Ralph
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

DrJoePrime said:
NICE! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

"Mystery coin: hmmm..maybe a Merc?"

DrJoePrime...you have acute vision...you are correct ; it cleaned up as a 1927 "merc"

Here's a pic; difficult to see the date, but it was more visible through the tarnish prior to electrolysis.
It is another "merc" ruined by the briny ocean, but I love finding these old coins.

Lorraine
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

petersra said:
OHhhhhh Myyyyy!!!! Gold medalian I assume.?.? By the looks of it possibly quite old. That is awesome. Never saw anything like it. I Googled a few ideas, but nothing came up like that. Good luck on your hunt. Depending on what you have there it may be a "Banner Find". Good Hunt, Ralph

Wish it was gold, Ralph.... but I believe it is brass. Next time... :icon_sunny:
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

This Medallion look like African to me.
Congrats for the nice finds. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

those are aliens!!! :o i been watchin that ancient alien show and the alien on top is clearly wearing a helmet!!!! :laughing7:

very cool find!!!!!
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

My vote for the medallion is also African or perhaps Siamese (because of the hand positions). Whatever it is it was a great find!

And it cleaned up real good! As usual you do a great job!
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Great finds Lorraine :hello2: That old beach has been treating you good. I always look forward to seeing your finds. Makes me real itchy to be out there swinging, but my Doc says I have to wait till May. :( Maybe I'll see you and Hank out there this summer. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Ed
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

creeker42 said:
Great finds Lorraine :hello2: That old beach has been treating you good. I always look forward to seeing your finds. Makes me real itchy to be out there swinging, but my Doc says I have to wait till May. :( Maybe I'll see you and Hank out there this summer. Thanks for sharing.
regards
Ed

It would be nice to meet up with you at the beaches this summer, Ed...take care

Lorraine
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Medallion looks to be bronze or something similar..how heavy is it ?

Nice take

Rockyredbaron

HH to all
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

seeker41 said:
those are aliens!!! :o i been watchin that ancient alien show and the alien on top is clearly wearing a helmet!!!! :laughing7:

very cool find!!!!!
Yes this is true as evidenced by the gross and distorted display of genetalia, the jointless appendages, as well as the juxtaposition of said figures, clearly they are alien type creatures. Good eye seeker41 :thumbsup:
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

rockyredbaron said:
Medallion looks to be bronze or something similar..how heavy is it ?

Nice take

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

It weighs 30.76 grams...must have felt like an anchor around someone's neck :icon_sunny:
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

:icon_thumleft: WTG Lorraine!!! You always seem to find the most interesting stuff, the pendant is so cool and totally rocks, it is definately african, be interesting to know what the history is on it!!! :icon_thumright: Thanks for sharing and HH!!!!! Red :headbang:
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

lorraine said:
DrJoePrime...you have acute vision...you are correct ; it cleaned up as a 1927 "merc"

You think my vision is cute? ... you ought to see the rest of me. :wink:

Oh if that medallion was Gold!
 
Re: I'm not through with this old beach yet......an intriguing medallion find today

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom