Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
cdickrun64 said:
I work at a bank in upstate NY. Any tips as to how i could take advantage of this? I already ordered a box of halves.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sure. On your lunch break, if allowed, search any hand-rolled coin that comes in. ffd

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Order ten boxes a week - return the coins in $1000 bags to your branch. After six month find another source bank that uses another distributor than your bank but continue dumping at your bank. Should work for a while! :headbang:

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys...appreciate it. I will update on my finds asap. Ordered 2,000 halves for next Friday.....my teller said that was the smallest amount i could get from Brinks...does that sound plausible to you folks?

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
cdickrun64 said:
Thanks guys...appreciate it. I will update on my finds asap. Ordered 2,000 halves for next Friday.....my teller said that was the smallest amount i could get from Brinks...does that sound plausible to you folks?
No not since they came in Boxes of 1000 coins- or maybe they are coming in Bags there which I understand are $1k, 2000 coins; either way that is good sign just order in BIG lots for her, like 5 at a time or maybe 10. :laughing7:

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1000 is the most cash i have layin around. you guys have 5-6k available just for this hobby?

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Don't forget 2009 nickles too don't open them sell on ebay. And if you get nickles or dimes ill buy a roll each.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdickrun64 said:
$1000 is the most cash i have layin around. you guys have 5-6k available just for this hobby?

Some have at least that. Whey they order 20 boxes at a time thats 10k.

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
cdickrun64 said:

I too, work for a bank, but not in the touch-the-money capacity. You start small and rotate your money-for-coins as quick as you can...buy a box fo $500 (or two if you can have a grand), go through them and return them and get more.

Some days I sure wish I *was* a teller...

Happyspider

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
RunningDick, my guess is they are going to get you a bag of halves which is 2000 coins or $1000. The boxes are half as much but the bags can produce very well. Good luck, Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Um being an insider I would find out any ways or means possible to order large dollars. Most will be Ike dollars but eventually you will run into the old silver dollars. That would be an outstanding set up if you could make it happen. Good luck and keep us posted.

Golden Silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
cdickrun64 said:

Around here Brinks boxes contain $500 but I suppose what they are saying is that the minimum order for that denomination is $1000 so you will get 2 boxes. Most of the banks that I deal with tell me the same thing.
If you can, just pick up 1 box if all you have is $500 and tell them you'll come by tomorrow to get the other.

Make sure you stay on top of the new coinage situation there is a lot of mony to be made on eBay with all the new coins if your the first to list them.....

Mojo

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I started out this hobby with $100, sorted copper out of zincs till payday came and had 2 boxes of halves ordered to cash my check. Gotsta be real creative to get the most searchin out of little finances, lots of banks helps too. HH Mark

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark, speaking on the subject of searching on a budget.....when i was in college i did not have access to a real bank......so i used to take a few nickels down to the vending machine area. I would put it in a machine, and hit the "return" button....which gives you a different nickel back. I would continue this until i cycled thru all the nickels in each machine....keeping the keepers!!!!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
cdickrun64 said:
Mark, speaking on the subject of searching on a budget.....when i was in college i did not have access to a real bank......so i used to take a few nickels down to the vending machine area. I would put it in a machine, and hit the "return" button....which gives you a different nickel back. I would continue this until i cycled thru all the nickels in each machine....keeping the keepers!!!!
That sounds funny now but I seem to remember that thought crossing my mind long ago- think I even did it once or twice. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread