What's new

Instrement Dial?(Aircraft)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

I posted this intodays finds as well :P doe's anybody know if these might be a Dials of some sort, of a instruments off a Airplane :help:
 

Attachments

  • halifax 010.webp
    halifax 010.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 240
  • halifax 023.webp
    halifax 023.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 236
  • halifax 024.webp
    halifax 024.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 235
  • halifax 025.webp
    halifax 025.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 234
  • halifax 010.webp
    halifax 010.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 222
  • halifax 023.webp
    halifax 023.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 222
  • halifax 024.webp
    halifax 024.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 242
  • halifax 025.webp
    halifax 025.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 231
Rando said:
the top is a bombsight caging or leveling knob, the third one is a headset plugin socket. I posted a link on the other post.
Yes thanks I have seen it :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
the top is a bombsight caging or leveling knob, the third one is a headset plugin socket. I posted a link on the other post.
Yes thanks I have seen it :thumbsup:

SS
i will try to find one that Is Halifax specific. if i remember correctly it was a variant of the b24? don't remember now..
:notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
the top is a bombsight caging or leveling knob, the third one is a headset plugin socket. I posted a link on the other post.
Yes thanks I have seen it :thumbsup:

SS
i will try to find one that Is Halifax specific. if i remember correctly it was a variant of the b24? don't remember now..
:notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

SS
OK, It wasn't it was independant.
That MAY be a radar knob, some of the 419 group's aircraft had them later, but i'm almost positive that it is from a bombsight, specifically, the Norden..
Is that the name of the bombsight(norden) if so I could look up to see if that what was issued to the Halifax.

Once again thanks :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
Silver Searcher said:
Rando said:
the top is a bombsight caging or leveling knob, the third one is a headset plugin socket. I posted a link on the other post.
Yes thanks I have seen it :thumbsup:

SS
Once again thank you for your time :headbang:

SS
i will try to find one that Is Halifax specific. if i remember correctly it was a variant of the b24? don't remember now..
:notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

SS
OK, It wasn't it was independant.
That MAY be a radar knob, some of the 419 group's aircraft had them later, but i'm almost positive that it is from a bombsight, specifically, the Norden..
Is that the name of the bombsight(norden) if so I could look up to see if that what was issued to the Halifax.

Once again thanks :icon_thumleft:

SS
yes, that aircraft would have most likely been equipped with a Norden bombsight. (SABS) later in the war.
It was equipped with something that i'm not familiar with, prior to that.
unfortunately, these things are so complicated and technology changed so fast in that war, alond with it having so many different uses,that it will be pretty hard to nail down.
i would recommend contacting someone that actually served on one.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bombercommand/halifaxs.html
 
Upvote 0
That's a great site Rando :icon_thumleft:

I just read about the Dresdon raid :o
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom