dieselram94
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2011
- Messages
- 9,236
- Reaction score
- 6,709
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mid Coast Maine
- Detector(s) used
- Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dont think the wild west was as wild as portrayed in the movies, hollywood stigmatized it to create drama.Just as the alaskan gold rush was also stigmatized.The alaskan gold fields and camps were actually pretty civilized.Read the book precious dust,the true saga of the western gold rushes by Paula Mitchell Marks
Sounds like a awesome book. I am going to check ebay for a copy I love books on the gold rush, I just finnished reading Tisha a book about 1920's Chicken Alaska. Another awesome book. Even in this book the school teacher Ann Purdy used a gun to prevent an abduction of two children she was caring for. She even purchased a .22 rifle for an eight year old boy. Check it out a great book.
hope for a lot of snow,its roughly 400 pages long,enjoy,ive read it 3 times so far.






