interesting heart and gunsight rocks?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
the heart shaped rock I beleive is natural and is near the gunsight rocks.
the rear sight boulder is natural glacial thaw freeze split.the front sight rock resting on top of the
boulder caught my eye.it looks like it was placed there.I did not look under it to judge debris layer
or any symbols underneath yet.it does not look like it was there for too long,not sure.I found a small
partially hidden cave nearby but was empty (it was wsw of rocks).the gunsight does point to the general area were a gang of tories murdered a patriot.I only checked within 200 yards of where the
front sight is pointing,but will be back to check further.on my topo it does point to a good lookout
and ambush point over a colonial era road.

I enjoy reading others posts and thought to share.I think the heart is natural coincidence and the
front sight rock placed there by hunters for a waypoint back in the 50's (my intuition).I keep
telling my self "they do not make it easy" especially when I was on my hands and knees in the
receses of the small cave.lol! :laughing7: :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• rockone.JPG
    rockone.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 637
  • rocktwo.JPG
    rocktwo.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 635
  • rockthree.JPG
    rockthree.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 649
  • rockfour.JPG
    rockfour.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 642
  • rockfive.JPG
    rockfive.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 647

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
looks like another set of sight rocks
Right at 11:00
Unless those are the first set you were talking about.

How is that heart stone oriented in regard to all this?
which direction does the point of the heart point in relation to the lobes?
Just a little curiosity bubbling to the surface.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
thks Old Dog for reply.I do not know what you mean by 11:00.are gun sight rocks common?do they
point like a gun?

here is a birds eye view sketch from memory but fairly accurate considering I have a dismissal
mindset towards the heart,even though there is a circa 1600 legend of a lost spanish mine about
5 miles ne of this site.now that I think of it the bottom tip of the heart points in that direction.
my mindset is tory plunder.

thks again for reply.

Attachments

• rocksketchne.JPG
    rocksketchne.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 627

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Sorry I wasn't clear when I asked.
Here is a picture of a heart the lobes are the top and the point is the bottom.
what orientation does the heart lay in correspondence to these markers? do the heart's lobes point to the marker or does the point of the heart?
This is important to add the direction of travel to the set of markers you have here.

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 630

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some more things in 4 of the photos that bear closer looks.

rockone Merged.jpg

rockthree Merged.jpg

rockfour Merged.jpg

rockfive Merged.jpg

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

thks Old Dog.I have to get back there and get more pics and take notes.my sketch is from memory.

thks Shortstack.that owl face you pointed out shocked me.the turtle and other stuff you pointed out
is interesting.I will go back soon and take more pics.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
While you are out look into a couple of the obvious things on these signs .
may be something will show up that you missed.

Attachments

• rockfive.JPG
    rockfive.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 562

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
solx,
Tories or Rebels could have used this hill as a reference point for stashes of equipment and funds. You mentioned that there's a colonial era road nearby. Well, if I'm not mistaken, early roads such as that would follow old trails blazed by Indians and / or animals. That technique would go back to the Ancients, too. Everybody wanted the easier routes through rough forests and hills; not to mention the mountains. Your area of the country has a long history of different peoples' occupations. You have a lot of research ahead of you. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

thanks guys.

the imagination can run wild,but then again is 10,000 years of erosion,precise eye alignment(to view),and denial by the authority keep these things hidden or destroyed by development.

the rock giant pic is interesting.when I magnify the yellow circle I see a snake facing left with its face
poking inside a cave.in the cave facing right (towards the snacke)is a bat/gargoyle dragon creature. the dragon is very snug in the cave either sleeping or ready to strike.the blue circle looks like a reptillian
sentinal looking towards the south with a helmet or cranial crest.the whole thing looks like a giant beheaded sphynx with its paws clentched together holding a book.the heart lies between the snake and
sentinal beyond some rocks seen in the distance.the point of the heart points back to rock giant wich is
only visible looking back at heart point.

gps review
r/s: rear sight (green dot)
f/s: front sight (red dot)
h/r heart rock (red dot)

the rear and front sight point (rifle style) towards north.heart rock lies to the east of rear and front sight.reptillian sentinal looks south.

thanks for input.the camera brings more things out than just standing there looking at it.I have an
open mind but feel this is nature.I have more checking to do but this immediate area around the heart is interesting.

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

rock giant and gps review pic.

Attachments

• rockgiant.JPG
    rockgiant.JPG
    353.2 KB · Views: 515
  • gpsview.JPG
    gpsview.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 504

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread