What's new

Iron object ID

RJH02

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi,I found this at a civil war site near Farmville va , does anyone reckonize it? It is 2 1/2 in long by 1 1/2 wide, about a half in thick. Looks like junk to me but since it was found where other battlefield relics were found that I thought for sure were junk I thought I would post it.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 296
  • PICT0004.webp
    PICT0004.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 293
  • PICT0005.webp
    PICT0005.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 284
Could it possibly the most rusted encrusted iron buckle in existence? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Thats what I thought when I dug it, but it's heavy and soild,kind of wedge shaped too. My only find other than 6 UMC-REM brass casings.
 
Upvote 0
Could be part of a rear sight off a rifle? But give it a little electrolysis and we can probably figure it out. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom