What's new

Iron whatsit. Agricultural item?

Lakemonster

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2011
Messages
377
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK... I have dug up two or three of these things in old fields used for rotation crops. I dont think the pic shows the ful item....but a broken piece... I have not found one that appears to be whole. Bell found one in on the South rises again thread in todays finds.

Sure would like to know exactly what it is... I have only speculated thus far.

Thanks for any and all input!
 

Attachments

  • ironwhatzit.webp
    ironwhatzit.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 466
  • ironwhatzit.webp
    ironwhatzit.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 449
That is part of a clevis hitch .. probably be one of the ones marked 229 in this photo:
 

Attachments

  • url]ches1.webp
    url]ches1.webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 624
  • url]ches1.webp
    url]ches1.webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
creskol said:
That is part of a clevis hitch .. probably be one of the ones marked 229 in this photo:
Good ID. Im going to save that pic in my files under farm field finds for future reference. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom